I

Chapter 22

Mia released a sigh of relief as Jin's hands clasp around hers and he sat flushed against her on the bench. Her head fell helplessly onto his shoulder as she calmed her breaths. Jin's hands raised cautiously as he took a strand of Mia's hair and tucked it behind her ear as she continued to calm her erratic need for oxygen. 

Slowly the rest of the boys arrived, sweaty just like Jin. They sat down like nothing had happened whilst creating a barrier with their bodies stopping onlookers from reading into the situation and seeing Mia and Jin who were moulded into each other. Though the group knew they were healing, to onlookers that would not be the case. The last thing they needed was someone telling news outlets about seeing Jin being cosy with some girl. 

Soon the eye's on the group dispersed as people started minding their own business and continuing on with their break that was coming to an end. As the canteen gradually became empty, Mia recovered from her attack as she waited for the scars to lose their colour again. She moved her head off of Jin's shoulder and made some distance between the two, leaving just their hands intertwined. 

Jin looked at Mia feeling her warmth disappear from his side, to see that she was back to normal breathing wise. Her eyes were still red, no doubt from the tears she had held back, but she was no longer the pale ghost he had witnessed prior. Feeling Jin's stare, Mia turned towards him with her head cocked as though to say 'what's the matter?'. Jin smiled slightly before sighing quietly and turning his whole body towards her and bowing. 

"I'm sorry. My phone had ran out of battery so the alarms didn't go off and then the dance instructor wouldn't let us out be-" 

"Look it's okay. Calm down." Mia interrupted as Jin started to lose control of his voices volume. His hands were starting to move in fast pace too, and his grip on Mia was loosening. The scars had yet to fully lose its colour so detaching now wasn't a good thing to do. 

"No, it isn't okay. You-"

"Look Jin-ssi. Firstly, I'm fine. You got to me in time. Secondly, I was late this morning too and  never got to apologise for that. And lastly,"  I didn't think you would come, " mistakes can happen. We are both learning about this bond, so let's just take this as a stepping point and learn from it. Next time, we'll make sure our phones are fully charged and keep an eye on the time."  Mia smiled as she tightened the grip on Jin's hand to show she really meant what she said, before getting a small smile back from him. 

"In that case, let's first remove the formalities, okay? I know you're from Japan so your formalities are different than Korean one's so lets stay to calling each other by names." Jin carefully added. 

Mia nodded in understanding and happiness as she knew she was bound to get the formalities wrong at one point, if she hasn't already that is. The two turned back to the table once everything was done, still holding hands, to see the whole table was looking at them. Some with teasing smirks whilst others with goofy faces. Both Jin and Mia flinched back in fear as the faces distorted into big grins, before their eye's lowered to their connected hands. "Your scar's seemed to have gone back to being black." Yoongi simply said before taking a bite out of the salad he had ordered whilst watching Jin and Mia 'talk'. 

The two in question simultaneous looked at the their scars too see Yoongi was right, leading Jin and Mia to quickly let go of each other. Jin sat flustered before yelling at the maknae's who were poking fun at him, whilst Mia just sat quietly looking at her hand. 

It's been a while since I have held someone's hand, she thought to herself as she closed it into a fist. Amy watched Mia knowing full well what she was thinking. To stop what was bound to happen, if Mia continued with what she was doing, Amy called out to Mia. 

"Mia." Mia looked towards Amy, quickly snapping out of her thoughts and stuffing her hand into her hoodie's pocket. "Hmm..." Mia simply hummed as she raised her eyebrows telling Amy to carry on. "I forgot to tell you but we have a meeting with Mr. Choi this afternoon. " 

This got Mia's attentions as she practically shrieked "What?!", causing everyone to jump in their seats. Mia looked at Amy in disbelief ignoring the way everyone on the table was now looking at them. "You're kidding me, right? Please tell me it's a joke." Amy simply shook her head ignoring her friends pleads and bit into her sandwich. "Amy.. You said I had no more work apart from the modelling..." Mia mumbled clearly upset with the news. This 'holiday' was getting worse and worse by the minute. 

"You did. But then he heard you were in the country and wanted to meet you in person again so he got his secretary to spam my phone with messages until I accepted. I tried ignoring it but with 234 call, 657 messages and 546 emails in just 1 week, I gave up." Amy shivered remembering how her phone continuously buzzed. She hid it from Mia seeing as she was battling with the soulmate bonding at the time but know everything was sorting itself out she had to mention it. Today alone she had gotten 23 call, 32 messages and 30 emails reminding her of the meeting and how she can't cancel it, so she was at wits end and needed Mia to put an end to it.

Mia nodded whilst sulking knowing full well she couldn't avoid this meeting even if she wanted to. "Fine, but how long is it?" 

"Well, that's the problem..."

"Amy what did you do?"

"Well, you see this meeting was decided before I knew you met Jin. He..."

"He what?" Mia glared at Amy knowing full well where this was going.

"The meeting was booked from 11:00-13:45, so just under 3 hours.."

"What meeting takes 3 hours Amy? What aren't you telling me?" Mia challenged as Amy grew smaller and smaller into her seat.

"Well, um.... It isn't just a meeting."

"Okay so it isn't just a meeting, then what its it?"

"Well, Mr.Choi kinda has a son who is your age and..."

"And... It better not be what I'm thinking it is..." Mia breathed out, hoping this day wouldn't get any worse.

"Well, he kinda thinks the two of you are perfect for each other...And he wants you to marry his son!"

And the day got even worse.

------------------------------------------------------