K

Chapter 35

Jin's eye's continued to flicker between Mia's eyes and her coiled fist. He wasn't sure what he should do knowing that if he helped her by snapping her out of this trance she was in, he would lose a precious chance to find out a possible clue to the word etched onto his upper hand. But at the same time, he knew if he ignored her now and turned a blind eye to her clear discomfort, the guilt of not helping her would never leave him.

His heart was in great peril as he battle right and wrong, trying not to give away any hint of worry as he tried to focus on the dumplings in front of him. But as he glanced back to Mia one last time, he noticed a change in her expression. Her eyes no longer held the brewing of a storm but instead they were bright like a scene after a thunderstorm, as she smiled brightly towards the camera.

"It's actually a really long story. One that goes back to when I was really young." She started, speaking the words slowly, reminiscing the scene that brought her much pain, yet was the catalyst for her growth. "But since I don't want to bore you, I'll keep it simple." 

Mia put down her chopsticks as she leaned forward on to her palm, looking towards the camera designated just for her, like she was telling it a secret. A secret that would only be shared between two who were close, almost lovers, and two who had complete faith in each other to never speak of it again. 

And though her next words came out simple and powerful, everyone falling into her trance as she played the crowed skilfully, Jin was the only one who didn't fall for her tricks. The bond that he and Mia had was too strong of a connection to fall easily into the eyes of Medusa, and instead caused the tingles on his hand to increase, Mia unknowingly falling in the trap of the bond. The bond alerting Jin of small quirks in her posture and the small cringe she battled as her mouth revealed half truths through a guilty smile. Jin could see it all.

"I grew up very aware of how I looked, someone who didn't fit into the standards and someone very self aware of everyone's gazes. And because of that I ended up experiencing hardships that could have been avoided if only I realised that loving my body was much more important than unrealistic standard that people uphold. And after a while I realised standards are standards because they can not be obtained and only dreamt about, so slowly I chose to spend my time loving my body instead of loving something impossible. That perspective change saved my life, I guess you could say, and that's why I wanted to save people from the suffering I went through and instead tell people to appreciate what they have because they are beautiful and always will be. I love myself and so should they."

And as she finished her answer, the staff applauded her along with BTS, who sent words of admiration and encouragement. Everyone but Jin that was. Though he had smiled and clapped, he could feel the tingles on his hand escalate as she spoke the last sentence, the bond quickly pointing at the strongest clue that could help him piece together the 1st of the scars. And though he had yet to piece together fully the reason for why the words slightly burnt like they were about to erupt in flames, he had a feeling that it was because of what she had said. Or rather what she didn't say.

Jin's eyes remained slyly looking at Mia, who had noticed his stares, as he tried to connect any dots that had been laid out. He had a feeling what Mia had said had some truth to it, but there was a part that didn't make sense to him. If she truly did love herself and think that beauty meant nothing, then why was one of her words 'beauty'? Something wasn't adding up in Jin's mind, and though he tried not to show it on his face, the nudge from Yoongi from under the table quickly alerted him that they were talking to him and he had zoned out.

"Seriously, Hyung? We were talking to you and you kept staring into space." Jimin complained as he lay back into his chair, body feeling heavy and full. "Sorry Jimin. I think the dumplings are getting to me. They are making me sleepy." Jin laughed as he lightened the mood, pushing the thoughts about Mia to the back of his mind. The boys laughed along with him, Mia included, as they agreed with how the dumplings weren't only filling them up, but making them sleepy too.