N

Chapter 48

*Japanese- bold       Korean- normal*

How Mia always ended up in situations like these, she'll never understand. Just an hour ago, she had encountered a strikingly similar scenario, not knowing what she could do to change the subject, and now she was once again stuck between a rock and a hard place.

If she hadn't experienced many hardships so early in her life and had not came to the conclusion that she was cursed to eternal suffering, maybe she would have found herself wondering if there was some deity out there cursing her due to a previous life choice she had made. 

Masking her sigh with a yawn, as to not make Jin think she was planning on hiding something, Mia quickly debated what her next move would be. She could either tell Jin the truth and be forced into an awkward atmosphere, most likely losing the comfortable relationship they had built between them, or she could tell a little white lie and pretend Grandma Ito never said what she did, saving herself and possibly them from an embarrassing memory. However, for the next how ever many years they were together, Mia would forever remain feeling guilty about lying to Jin. Plus, knowing herself like she thinks she does, Mia was sure she would eventually tell Jin, which would defeat the purpose of lying now. But if she told him now, she feared that she would cause a rift in there still rocky, unnameable, platonic relationship. Either way, Mia feared that she was going to suffer a loss. A big one too.

"Mia? Are you okay?" A soothing voice called out to her, snapping her out of her inner tirade, as she found herself face to face with Jin. Her eye's racked his covered face and the sight in front of her before noticing his arm was raised.

Mia followed Jin's raised arm up to herself before she could see no more. It was only when her mind made the connection that his hand could not just disappear after it passed her line of vision, did she noticed the slight warmth on her cheek. But just as briefly as she felt his touch, it instantly disappeared, leaving a cold, numb feeling behind.

"Ah, sorry. You were spacing out and seemed to be panicking. I remembered you did something similar to me when we first met, and I felt the urge to do so now, so do forgive me for overstepping a barrier." Jin professionally explained, not looking the least bit flustered.

"No, it's okay. And yeah, I did that when we first met. It has something to do with the bond. Our bond is highly reliant on touching after all. Being a touch bond and all." Mia dabbled, silently buying herself sometime, whilst also fighting against her beating heart.

"Hmm." Jin hummed in agreement, nodding his head slowly in understanding. "We should probably head back. I'm aware you're not free like I am today." Jin added, already forgetting about Grandma Ito's words as he stuffed his tingling hand into his coat pocket. 

Just because the action of holding Mia's cheek didn't have him burning in flames, it didn't mean he didn't feel anything at all. The bond had sent unexplainable yet pleasurable tingles through his body, which once again left him feeling breathless.

"Yeah, we should go." Mia agreed, silently thanking whatever power helped her out of this situation. For once, someone had came to save her. 

The duo picked up the groceries from the ground, counting the bags to make sure they had everything, before setting off towards the gate. However, just as they reached the gate to exit the park, a panicked cry sounded from somewhere behind them, causing them both to pause. They both glanced at each other, telepathically communicating with each other with their eye's, before Mia started to walk towards the direction of the sound. She may not be a big fan of horror movies, but she knew perfectly well walking towards something/someone with absolutely no protection was a perfect way to get killed or kidnapped. Yet, she continued to make her way towards the sounds, knowing that this wasn't just a scream, but a cry for help.