O

Chapter 17

Mia

I don't know what had taken over me, but as the realisation hit that Jin was suffering I ran to his sprawled out body. Though the boys had made way for me, the soulmate specialist had yet to move and without thinking I had pushed him out of the way. He stumbled in surprise but didn't say anything, probably being used to such a reaction. 

My hand lowered as I touched Jin's face before crouching and sitting down on the floor. I could see the visible relief on his face as my hand glided across his cheek calming the tension in his features. I put my weight on the wall behind my as the soulmate specialist along with Sejin help pick up Jin's body and place him flush against me. 

His head sat in the crook of my neck as his shoulders and back lay on top my body. I cradled him slightly like he had done to me the night prior, though it was much harder as he was physically larger than me and we were on the floor. My arms wrapped loosely around his body steadying it as the others let go of Jin's body. 

I watched as the tension leaves his body and the red flames descend slowly in colour before  readjusting my body slightly so I could look up at the group around me. My body had gone into survival mode seeing my second half in pain so I hadn't realised how close and intimate my touches were until I looked up to see shocked faces on everyone. Even Amy had her mouth agape as she looked at me in wonder at my surprising action. I wasn't one to give affection to strangers. Especially ones I met hours ago.

The room was pin-drop silent as everyone looked at each other waiting for someone to say something. I returned to looking at Jin as he slowly regain consciousness after passing out when we made eye contact. His body shifted trying to find a comfortable position as his hands moved around almost as though looking for something. 

"Give him you hand. The one that has the scar on it." A familiar voice entered the room as he walked towards me with a suspicious gaze. I tried not to roll my eyes at his accusing one as he clearly knew it was something I was about to do even without his advice. I guess I owe him one. Last thing I needed was another suspicious person.

My hand grasped as his and instantly he stop moving. His body relaxed and slowly his eyes fluttered open. His brown orbs cleared and look straight at me as my emeralds looked straight at his. Time had seemed to pause momentarily before we both felt a small tingle from our connect limb. Seeing Jin had no energy to pick up or discard my hand along with his, I lifted our connected hands and brought it up to see what we had felt. 

Hidden between the folds of my fourth finger and pinky was a small tattoo which had two letter's plastered on it. Mine had the letters K.S on it whilst Jin had K.M. Without anyone telling me anything I knew exactly what they were. Our initials were engraved onto our wedding finger and would remain like that until one of us dies. Anytime one of us is in pain the mark will burn and will get lighter the closer we are to death. It will only completely disappear when we pass. 

Jin's face looked at the tattoo in confusion whilst mine was full of hurt and worry. It just made this even more realistic. Having seen Jin had awoken and the way we both looked at our hands Hyun approach us and explained the meaning of the tattoo to everyone. Obviously I already knew but I nodded my head anyway. 

Jin had attempted to move after the explanation however he quickly fell once the scars illuminated again. We were told to stay for longer until they were completely black. Jin agreed before laying back against my body and smiling slightly at me. I could see the pain behind the smile and knew instantly that he too didn't like what was going on. 

Before I could say anything that I knew I would probably regret sometime in the future, a voice cut me of. "Hyung are feeling better?" Namjoon moved closer to us with a bottle of water in his hand. Passing it to Jin, he took a quick glance at me before smiling as he waited for Jin to stop drinking the water. Half the bottle was gone in seconds as Jin diminished the beverage. Placing the empty bottle down on the floor and sighing in relief of finally being able to quench his thirst, Jin nodded to Namjoon before looking at the other boys. 

The boys moved closer to him as they all sat around in a circle. They had been briefed with the main points of what had happened last night and knew already that the girl next to their hyung was Mia. What they didn't expect was Amy to be here or how comfortable his hyung and I were with each other.

Amy passed me a bottle of water that I declined before she sat next to me, joining the circle. She was the first to break the silence, which everyone was grateful for. 

"Umm.. Well I'll start first. Hello I am Amy and I'm Mia's best friend, manager, make up artist, roommate during this trip and work buddy. Basically she can't do anything without me." Amy sent me a wink as she laughed before I threw the bottle, she gave me before, at her face. She obviously wasn't a fan of it, though she was quick to catch the bottle before it hit her. I stuck out my tongues as she glared at me, though it was in all fun. The boys chuckled as they watched our interaction before they decided to interrupt before we decide to tear each other apart.

They all introduced themselves though they didn't need to, as we knew who they were already. As the introductions ceased, the door was thrown opened as loud voices were heard coming from them. I turned my head towards the door and could feel Jin move his head away from neck to my chest to see who had entered. 

In came 4 girls that everyone knew. The girls entered not giving much attention to the boys or the situation at hands, as they all talked and giggle. When they had finally entered and realised that something was different they looked towards the group. I made eye contact with Minji as she was in front of the group. Bowing slightly I watched as her face turned from relaxed to one of surprise. The other girls too looked towards me and Amy before there eyes drifted to Jin who was practically sprawled over on my body. 

Before anyone one could say anything the room was filled with screams.

---------------------------------------

The placement of the mark is something like this: