I

Chapter 44

"Welcome to my house Jin. There's not much here, but hopefully you'll be able to survive a week in here with me." Mia joked as she opened the door for Jin, who walked in hesitantly, pulling his suitcase from behind him. "Thank you again for this." He mumbled, not as hyped as Mia was as he took in his temporary home. He watched as Mia bent down to take off her shoes, slipping on some home slippers before copying her when she passed him a pair of brand new ones. 

"I would recommend wearing these at all times. The floor gets a bit cold during the night, so if you do wander about during the night, I would recommend you putting them on so you don't catch a cold." Mia informed, before dragging her suitcase into the living room towards the stairs. 

Jin followed after her with his own bags behind him, slightly taken aback that Mia had known about his nightly walks. Not even his own bandmates knew that he woke up during the night to 'wander about', as Mia described. It took him by great surprise to know that she had notice such a thing despite only living beside him for just under a week. However, he didn't say anything even when she glanced at him, not wanting to explain what he does during those ungodly hours. 

"I'm guessing we'll be sleeping in the same bed again, but you can use the guest room next to mine to keep your stuff and rest anytime we don't need to bond. It'll give you some privacy." Mia continued when she realised that Jin wasn't going to say anything. He gave a small hum to show he was listening, but refused to look at Mia or say anything more.

Ever since the little scuffle on the plane, there was a weird tension between the two. Everyone noticed it on the way to the hotel from the airport, but didn't say anything. They knew whatever had happened was something the duo had to solve themselves, as per their request, however, they all agreed that the topic needed to be addressed soon before it sprouted into something uncontrollable.

Mia wanted to broach the topic many times since they had left the airport, not liking the distance that had been edged between them so suddenly, but anytime she tried to speak, her words got caught in her throat.

It was an unpleasant and forgotten feeling that she had not felt in a long time, but now being under such a dominant and haunting atmosphere, memories that she didn't want to think about resurfaced. Memories and images that she had kept locked in the back of her mind were starting to break free the longer the elephant in the room wasn't addressed. Mia knew this all too well, but the more she tried to force herself to speak, the more her throat tightened, successfully stopping any words from leaving.

Knowing that she had to rush to her own room before anything happened, Mia silently lead Jin to the room he would be staying in, before rushing off to her own. With a hasten slam of her bedroom door, she sprinted into her bathroom, her hands fumbling with the shower handle, a gush of water falling down on to her clothed figure. She relaxed slightly, the voices that called her a murderer draining out, as she focused on the pattering of the water drops that descended on her body.

Her eyes remained screwed shut, listening to the song that spilled out from the showerhead as she questioned how the melody of water calmed her as it danced on her skin, almost caressing her face like a mother would a child, yet was the reason why she needed the comfort in the first place. 

Water was something that terrified her deeply. The deceit that lay in all elements caused her to shiver in fear, but water was something that had a tight grip on her body, her heart and her soul. It is something so vital for human consumption, making up most of our beings, yet in large quantities it is a deadly and heartless devil as it takes the life of millions in one flick of its hands. And no matter how much she tried to move on and accept her fears, something so natural, she remained chained under Poseidon control, forced to bow to it's power which tainted her mind with distress.