****

Chapter 46

Jin had never been so confused in his life. 

Having spent nearly a decade in the entertainment industry with numerous press conferences, interviews and TV shows with random flings of questions being thrown at him, he had never thought he would encounter a question so mind boggling before. The many months of training before debut succumbed to nothing at this very moment as he looked at Mia with furrowed brows.

"What do you mean?" He questioned, his head cocked to the side as he waits for an answer. "Exactly what I said. What do you think about this place?" Mia replied, not explaining what her vague question meant.

It wasn't that she didn't know that her question was vague or had no relation to what they were taking about, rather she wanted an honest answer to the question that had been bothering her ever since she saw their dorm. She needed to confirm something that she had tried to push back for years now, and knew it was time to face another reality about her childhood. Or rather, her lack of one. 

"Mia... I don't know what you want me to say. The question is really confusing. Especially since it has nothing to do with-" 

"It might not have anything to with what had happened just then, but it does have something to do with something else." Mia interrupted as she teared her gaze from Jin, looking back down at her hands as she lets out a tired sigh. "I don't want to talk about what that is but, as much as I hate to admit it, I might tell you someday soon. So please, just answer the question." Mia pleaded as her voice strained with emotions.

Though she never meant to bring this up so early, Mia was no idiot and knew that it wouldn't be long until Jin made a way through her defences. Heck, he had already weaselled his way into her heart as someone more than an acquaintance. This alone was enough proof for Mia to be wary of him. She knew in no time, she would be spilling her most darkest of secrets to a man she had only met 2 weeks ago. And it terrified her. 

It had taken Amy over 4 years to finally hear her most sacred of secrets yet with Jin, it took everything in her not to spill everything to him now. And even then, Mia and Amy built trust and a friendship over an incident, using each other to rebound from that horrid day in their lives, but what about Jin? Apart from barely knowing each other, they had no other relation except the bond, something neither wished for. They may seem content and happy with each other now, but Mia knew better. 

This was only the calm before the storm.

It wouldn't be long before the hidden curse of the bond would rear its ugly head and they'll be subjected into an eternity of fighting, cheating and betrayal. Soulmates were nothing more than a fairytale in the hand of mankind, something so easily fantasied about, yet when it becomes someone's reality, it's turns from a dream into a nightmare. A nightmare that is never broadcasted to the world, remaining a dark secret hidden by those with power, the illusion of eternal happiness and a perfect life depictured in books and told by grandparent to their grandchildren's never to be tainted with reality. But no matter how long the truth remains hidden, it will eventually come to light one way or the other, and people like her were living proof of that. 

Secret scar may be a mystery to most but to Mia it was far from a mystery. She may not know everything about the bond, but she definitely knew more than the so called soulmate specialists, who were supposed to know all bonds and their origins. Her hatred for all soulmates stemmed deep within her, but soulmates bonded with the secret scar were something she despised more than anything in the world. And now that she had been subjected into the very thing that she wished to avoid at all costs, she knew that it was time to face reality and try to stay alive. She will never let another Karasumi Mae happen. Not when she has control over it.