T

Chapter 7

Having left the hall where the fan meeting was, Mia and Amy went directly to their hotel. They had ordered room service so they couldn't be late for that and though it was only 2 hours long, the two needed a breather from the crowd. The two had no work planned thankfully for the rest of the days they were staying in South Korea, so they could go sight seeing and relax instead. 

During the ride back to the hall neither girl spoke. Amy was just tired because she woke up early but for Mia the reason was different. She was putting all her energy in steadying her breath. She didn't know why but each time she took a jagged breath since she left the hall, she felt her skin tearing. The pain at the moment wasn't excruciating. Mia could bare it. But she feared if it got any worse she wouldn't be able to keep her whimpers in.

" Ia...Mia...Mia!!!" 

Amy's voice snapped Mia out of her trance as her head snapped to her fuming friend. 

"What?" Mia questioned, though it came out as more of a growl which she didn't mean. Amy didn't notice though.

"I've been calling you for the last 5 minutes. We're here!" Amy fumed. Amy hated the thought of missing food even more than Mia. But Mia knew that wasn't the only reason she looked like she had ants in her pants. 

She promised to call Shin at 8 but it was currently 8:15, and if Mia's learnt anything about Shin over the 4 years of friendship, it is that he hates when promises are broken.

Seeing her pregnant friend in distress, Mia decided to spare her from a longer lecture from her fiance, so she unbuckled her seat belt and got  out of the car. Surprisingly, she didn't feel any pain anymore. It had disappeared as fast as it had appeared.

Maybe she was just imagining it?

.

.

A few day later, Mia and Amy had nothing planned after spending the last few days enjoying the hotel's rooms, which included spa's, arcades and swimming pool.  Also, Amy was a bit moody after getting a lecture from Shin who was extremely worried that something had happened to her during the night of the fan meeting. Mia too got an earful but being the older one, though just by a few months, she was able to escape most of the lecture. For once she was happy for her old age.

After they had breakfast, they both split up and headed back to their rooms. The girls were here for 2 weeks in total and it's their 6th day; 3 days since the fan meet. They had plenty of time to spend sight seeing and relaxing. 

What Mia wanted to do the most now was to sleep. She didn't know why but her body started to burn again. For the last 3 days, her body randomly burnt up and at times her skin felt like it was tearing. 

Why she was feeling like this in the first place, she didn't even know. She had originally thought it was due to food poisoning or something but it was clearly not the cause. What ever it was, it was killing her. Both physically and emotionally. 

Yesterday, the burning feel returned but much worse than the time in the car. On top of that her back felt like multiple knifes had cut into her, tearing her skin and marking her eternally with pain and anguish. This pain thankfully was much more subtle compared to the horror last time, but it still burnt. If she learnt anything it would be to sleep before the pain came. You would be unconscious to feel much. 

As she reached her bedroom, Mia just headed straight to bed. She didn't care about changing or ruining her new clothes, all she wanted to do was sleep off the pain. So she tucked herself in her duvet and closed her eyes to be welcome with darkness. But the darkness was quickly replaced by light as her eyes shot open. 

A screech left her mouth involuntarily. 

Her body heat intensified to the extent she felt like she was on flames. Her body coiled and twisted like she did when every she was in her red days, but even those positions did nothing to quell her pain. Her hands and feet felt like scorpions were crawling on them whilst they injected their poison into her blood stream. Her spine was ice cold, feeling so fragile like it was about to melt from the suffocating amount of heat. All her skin stretched and disformed as lines like scars littered her ripped skin. 

Eye's blurry from tears and body sweaty from the heat, Mia drew uneven breaths as she tried to remove herself from the bed so she could get to the bathroom. If she could get under some water maybe she could stop the burning.

Still in excruciating pain, Mia attempted to get off the bed and into the showers. With multiple grunts and pauses for deep breaths she was able to move to the end of the fluffy king sized bed. As she attempted to stand on her feet, she felt her legs become jelly and for a few seconds she blanked out. 

A loud thud and a small yelp later, Mia found herself on the floor. It happened so quickly her body wasn't able to keep up, leading to fall straight on her face without her arms or knee's stopping the process. Originally she would have cried out in pain or be worried about the possibility of a harsh injury, but the pain of a possible broken nose was nothing compared to the immense pain she was already in. The pain had reach an even painful level if that was possible. 

"Mia!! Are you okay? I knew I heard a thud and a scream coming from here!"

Amy burst into Mia's hotel room after hearing the scream and thud. She was worried about her best friend and that worry only increase when she stormed in to see her only the floor cowering in pain. It was the first time Amy had seen Mia in such pain since that incident. It scared here.

Amy ran to Mia's half conscious body and automatically put her hand on to her face. Retracting her hands faster than light, Amy looked at her friend in panic. She was boiling up and she didn't know what to do. It also didn't help that Mia was screaming in pain and was coming in and out of consciousness. 

Amy could see Mia's discomfort and felt heart broken. Her eyes also teared up not knowing what to do except watch. It wasn't til Mia's shirt's shoulder neck fell from her neck, did Amy realise what was happening. She immediately dragged Mia to the bathroom and turned on the shower head. 

The cold water hit Mia's body and slowly the pain started to disappear. As the pain vanished, Mia started to breath properly and slowly started to see everything again. Seeing this, Amy turned off the the shower and went to get a towel out of the bathroom cupboard for her shivering friend.  When she came back she told Mia to take off her shirt. They had been to spa's and sauna's since the beginning of their friendship, so seeing each other in their under clothes was normal. 

As Mia started to remove her shirt with Amy's help, her eyes were drawn to her body. Here face shifted from pained expression to a frightened and shocked expression on her face, and Amy knew exactly why.

"I soulmate bonded?!"

---------------------------------------------------------

She noticed!

I spent 1 whole hours going through Jin's Dad Joke's cause I need one for the next chapter (hint), and I got carried away. 

Here's one: