A

Chapter 47

*Japanese: Bold **Korean: normal*

"How about we get something to eat before we carry on?" Mia asks as she inches away from Jin, now only noticing that he was too close for her sanity.

The teasing look he sends her way when she asks this, is instantly noted by Mia as she shuffles backwards towards the corner of her bed. Her shaking hands reach for the glass of empty milk on her bedside table, as she turns her full attention to the remaining droplets laying idly at the bottom of the glass, doing everything she can do avoid his knowing glance. 

Trying to savage the last few drops of milk to help with her suddenly parched throat, Mia stealthily fan's her cheeks, ignoring the chuckles of her soulmate from behind her. His little flirty remark earlier, had made her more flustered than she had ever hoped it would or would ever admit to, despite the obvious reaction her body had given to it. 

Despite being in her mid 20's, Mia had practically no dating or flirting experience whatsoever, and was therefore, an open book when it came to anything relationship base. The only knowledge she had about dating was what she had seen in movies and, what she had witnessed during Shin's and Amy's dating years - not something she would ever want to live through again as they were too cringy for her taste. The horror's of dating she had witness in these reliable sources had earned her mental scars which, unlike the scars on her skin currently, would never fade.

Despite Mia's previous efforts to change the flow of the conversation, Jin approached her with different intentions to what had she wanted as he plopped himself next to her figure, totally disregarding her valiant efforts to escape the dire situation she was in.

"Food? Hmm... I guess we could get something to eat before we head over to the hotel... But, why the sudden change in subject, Mia-ssi? I doubt you suddenly gained an appetite." Jin questioned innocently as he stressed the added honorific, holding back his never ending chuckles within him. Something about this situation brought so much light into his dim world and he couldn't help wanting to continue to bask in it just for a little longer. 

Mia's mind was racing at a million miles per second as she tried to come up with a believable excuse for her changing the subject. But no matter how much she tried to calm her racing brain, the added thumping of her heart had her too preoccupied with trying to stay calm instead of coming up with an excuse, allowing the blush she had fanned off previously to start leaking onto her skin once again. And with the abundant time her little brain malfunction gave Jin, he was able to watch the process of her pale skin dye with a light ruby blush, plus the opportunity to close the distance between the two without her noticing, as imaginary devil horns sprouted from his head.

"What's wrong Mia-ssi? Your face is all red. Are you coming down with a cold?" Like a professional actor he was, Jin's words were soaking with sincerity and worry as his large hand slowly touched Mia's forehead. 

Originally, Mia would have been swayed by his acting skills and would have fallen into a deeper abyss of her current blushing panic, but instead, she found herself snapping out of her flustered state as she flinched at the sudden contact to her forehead that brought one of her forgotten memories back.

"Your face is so red. Are you coming down with a cold? Or is it.... Hmm.. because of me?~"  An echo from the past sounded. 

The words, the tone, the teasing movement, everything was too strikingly similar to what had happened before for her mind to not make the connection between the two. Jin's words resembled his too much for Mia not to notice. And no matter how much she tried to block out the memories she had with him, they always came back to haunt her.