I

Chapter 52

"You're back." Mia uttered, not so happy for his return.

"I came back this morning. I'm guessing your mother has left too." The older man replied matter of factly, sparing no second with pointless greetings. Instead, he remained eyeing the man behind his daughter, who was extremely confused and uncomfortable, even as she tried to bring his attention away from him. 

"Yes. She left a few weeks ago for some work-"

"I didn't ask for the details. I'm sure she'll leave a message for me if there was something I needed to know." He interrupted before bulldozing passed the duo, intentionally knocking into Mia who lost her stepping. 

Taken by surprise, Mia prepared herself for a nasty fall, which was bound to add another few bruises to the one on her chest-the exact location her father had just elbowed her, her father continued to walk on like nothing had happened. He turned a blind eye to his falling daughter as he stumbled over his feet attempting to take his shoes off.

If it wasn't for Jin's inhumanely fast reflexes, Mia may have found herself painted in red with a high possibility of a smashed skull, as her head stopped mere centimetres from the wooden shoe rack. 

Breathing a sigh of relief, Mia attempted to regain her footing by using Jin's body to stabilize her. Once she was sure she could stand on her own, she went to thank Jin for his help but was quick to eat her words once she saw the look in his eyes.

All she needed was one glance at Jin to see how outraged he was by what he had seen. If this was cartoon, he would have bloodshot eyes with vampire-like teeth and smoke swirling from out his ears, but in reality he looked more frightening. His ears were painted his famous red, his frown digging deeper into his face then ever before, and his lips twitching in annoyance. But what had Mia gulping in fear for her life was the look in his eyes. He was ready to kill.

If she wasn't highly worried for his wellbeing and partly her fathers life, Mia may have registered the foreign fluttering feeling in her heart paired with the slight tingle from the content on her left hand

If she wasn't highly worried for his wellbeing and partly her fathers life, Mia may have registered the foreign fluttering feeling in her heart paired with the slight tingle from the content on her left hand. But too preoccupied with saving her fathers life and Jin's future, Mia ignored those small signs and went into protective mode.

"It's okay. I'm fine. Don't do anything." Mia whispered to Jin as she placed her free hand on his cheek to pull his attention to him. Luckily, this was all that was needed to snap Jin out of his bloodlust as just like the time when they first discovered their connection, Mia was able to calm the raging bull in him. 

Another sigh of relief later, Mia whispered a quick thank you to Jin, before she turned back to the older man, who was making his way up the stairs. "I left the documents I told your secretary about in your office. I have completed filling it all out because I know how busy you are, so just look over it and sign it."

It came to no one's surprise that the mention of the documents had the old man pause in his steps, unlike his daughters wellbeing. At this point, Mia had already given up any hope of ever hearing an apology or anything but business related from her father. That inkling glimmer of hope had died out years ago and she had no use of tried to relight it.