M

Chapter 37

As the words left Jin's mouth, Mia immediately paled. His words toyed with her mind, not allowing her to peacefully comprehend the blunt sentences that had left his lips. But when his words sank in, all she could think about was how careless she was to have let something slip. There was no way he would have randomly brought up the topic if he had not found out the meaning behind her scar. And if Jin had truly found out what she was hiding, would he look at her differently? Look at her like the liar she was born and shaped to be.

No.

She couldn't let such a secret taint the light she had finally carved out of the cave that chained her for so long. After years of battling, she was finally tasting the joy of freedom and there was no way she was going to let herself be forced back into the abyss she had swam herself out off. Letting herself get dragged back there, kicking and screaming for someone to save her again, was something she had no intention of ever reliving again. She had killed to be free and now there was no way she was willingly going to return with her bloodied hands wasted just for the bond satisfaction.

"I have no idea what you're talking about Jin. And I'm sorry but we can't talk anymore, I need to use the bathroom." Mia spoke coldly, her smile melting of her face as she shuffled away from the bed. But she didn't get far as her connect hand pulled her back, her face forced to pause mere centimetres away from Jin's. Though the distance between the two did throw him off at first, surprisingly when he started to speak he felt comfortable. It was like he was talking at a normal distance with someone, not to the point you could their breath on you.

"Mia, you can't run away. Plus, this is just what I think. You don't need to confirm anything nor do you have to say anything. Just listen please." Jin confirmed softly, feeling slightly guilty for being the reason why the mood had dampened.

"I'm not running away. I really just need to go to the bathroom." Mia quietly answers, knowing full well she is lying to Jin. Yes, she needed to go to the bathroom, but it was not with the urgency she was making it out to be. She just wanted to escape the situation at hand.

Mia's eyes strayed away from Jin as she got off the bed, not noticing the slight wince in his posture before he tugged over on himself. At first, she thought he was playing around so she would stay and listen to him, but when she looked closer at him- wanting to make it clear the conversation was over and she didn't want to talk anymore- she immediately spotted a change in his overall physique.

"Hey Jin, you okay? What's going on?" She spoke rapidly, quickly breaking apart their connected hands to lift him up from his fetal position so she could look at him. A truck load of sweat and red angry scars welcomed her as she scanned his body for any signs that could help her find out what was happening. Her eyes drifted to clock in her room, seeing that it had barely passed her bonding time and Jin had just under 4 hours left for his. It confused her. She had no idea what was going on.

Her hand patted around the bed, looking for her phone so she could get some help. As much as she hated Lu Hyun, she had his number saved just in case something like this would happen. Though he was to be their private soulmate specialist starting from next week, Mia knew calling and asking for some assistance a few days early shouldn't be a problem. Especially because it was Jin's life that was in danger. 

Throwing her pillow on to the floor, spotting her purple and blue glittered phone case peaking out from under it, Mia quickly unlocked it, immediately searching for Lu Hyun's contact. His name popped up instantly, being the only person with a surname beginning with an 'L' in her contacts, her finger hovering over the green phone icon. Taking in a deep breath to calm her nerves, she tapped the green icon welcoming the sound of the ringing device mingling with the harsh intake of breaths of Jin's. Mia's free hand rested onto Jin's cheek, bringing his clouded eye's up to hers as she listened to the constant ringing of the phone in her hand.