S

Chapter 30

The doors slam open as servers entered with trolleys containing basket holding the food for this challenge. The camera's zoom in, showing the reaction of the boys and Mia, which greatly differed. The boys faces were all gaped in surprise and horror as their eyes bulged out of their sockets, whereas Mia looked completely calm. It was something she was used to seeing. 

"W-we're eating all that?!" Taehyung screeched in horror as his eyes flashed from the incoming barrage of trolleys to the director, who had a smug smile like he had accomplished something. "You're kidding. There's no way the company allowed this." Jimin commented as he counted the 8th trolleys entrance. 

"The company let us bungee jump... Do you really think they care about eating food?" Namjoon spoke, trying to gulp down his nerves as the 10th and the last trolley entered through the door. The door slammed shut cutting the escape route for the boys as all silver trolleys lined up pristine, all holding 8 round steam baskets each. 

"We didn't sign up for this..." Yoongi whispered before turning to the staff, "How much are in this? What's in this?" The kitchen staff smiled, not answering, before placing each basket onto the table, overfilling it whilst also having to use trolleys to hold the excess. 

"Well, I guess I'll open it." Mia says as she pulls one of the baskets towards her. Carefully using a towel she lifts the lid off, giving way to the escaping steam as it erupted out into the open. As the steam cleared, the boys all peaked at the content in curiosity, quickly recognising the savoury dish in front of them.

"Dumplings?" They chorused in question as Mia counted how many there were. " There's 10 dumplings in each basket. There were 8 baskets on each trolley and there are 10 trolleys, so that means.." Mia looked up to the ceiling as she did the calculation in her head.

"That's a total of 800 dumplings." Mia calculated looking at the director for confirmation. When he nodded, Mia smiled before sliding all the boys a basket. Unlike Mia, who was in her element and extremely relaxed, the boys shot out of their seats.

"800?!" They chimed together as they looked around at the covered monsters in their wake. "We'll be fine. Don't worry." Mia tried reassuring them, but the boys knew this wasn't going to be as easy as it sounded. They might eat a lot but eating this much of one type of dish, wasn't going to be easy. They all gulped simultaneously, before taking a seat again, awaiting next orders.

"There's two things in eating competitions: Speed and endurance. Since we're not doing a really professional eating contest, we are going to separate it into two parts." Mia spoke as she hosted the event. "Part one is the speed test. For this, we each get 50 dumplings, so 5 baskets, and the point of this round is to eat them all as fast as you can. The first to finish wins."

The boys nodded in understanding, hiding the slight relief of only eating 50 dumplings, before Jin read out what round 2 was about. "Part 2 will be endurance. With the remaining 400 dumplings, we are going to eat as much as we possibly can. You can tap out if you think you can't go any longer, but in our case that means we will lose a player." 

"But if Mia Noona taps out, we win!" Taehyung exclaims clearly not realising who he's talking about. Amy sent Mia a knowing look before looking at the boys who were foolishly celebrating thinking this was going to be easy. Mia has never had to tap out in anything relating to eating food. But they didn't need to know that. 

"There is a catch, however. Each time any of us take a sip of water we will have to pick a piece of card from the cup in front of us. If we can not answer the question or complete what is said on the paper, the opponent team is allowed to take a handful of their dumplings and give it to those who failed to answer to eat but it will count to their points." 

"In other words, you are eating for them?" Mia clarifies getting a nod from Jin. 

"Wah. That's harsh." Everyone exclaims in surprise seeing the 'punishment'. Mia herself was quite taken back by the surprise thrown in there. "That's only for round 2 right?" Yoongi questions, before seeing the writers nod. The boys relax before talking amongst themselves and to the camera as the kitchen staff pour some water in to a glass for everyone. 

Mia notices the slight stiffness in Jin neck, as he tries to converse with the others as naturally as possible, but even they could see he was having a tough time. Quickly looking down at her watch she noticed the time. 5 minutes left. She gasped in surprise not realising time had flown by so fast.

Her surprised intake of breath had caught the attention of the boys who glanced at her, immediately understanding what she was saying through her eye's. She corrected her reaction quickly by smiling and conversing with the boys in front of the camera, whilst under the table Mia slipped her hand to Jin, who happily took it in relief. 

Though it had yet to hit 2:00, the pain was starting resurface: their inconsistent bonding times was to blame for that. However this also caused a problem: both Jin and Mia are right handed. With their hands connected and the challenge about to start, Jin won't be able to eat and without a doubt causing some to frown. 

Jin was the first to notice this problem when a basket was given to him. He had lifted his hand up in attempt to pull up the lid, but Mia grip on it reminding him he couldn't lift it up or their connected hand would be seen. The two sent each other a questioning glance not knowing what to do. 

The two were not in a relationship where Mia could put her hands on his thigh or any other part of his body, and if they were to cross each others legs under the table the small surface area will not heal Jin fast enough making it awkward. Not mention, if the camera's from any of the other boys came from behind they would see their intertwined legs, causing another problem. 

The two were stuck. And time was running out. 

1:58

They had 2 minutes before the scars would glow red and the pain will flow through. And time was ticking. They needed to think of a solution fast.

"Are you two okay?" A staff member asked as she had watched both Jin and Mia freak. She made her way around the table to see what the two were glancing at in such worry. If she came any closer than she was now, she would see their hands. 

Mia panicked inwardly though she kept a straight face trying to come up with a solution. She was never good under pressure and this was just one of those time that she would regret everything about it when her mind would stray to it. 

Her mind was racing with idea's - all that she would discard realising it wasn't going to work or even cause more of a problem later. Why didn't they just tell everyone in the staff and make them sign an NDA?, she thought as her brain went blank- no longer functioning like it was prior. And just like always her brain shuts off. No longer able to take the stress of her frantic idea's that jumbled in her brain, her brain draws a blank leaving her in the hands of her instincts. Instincts that are never to be trusted. 

And just like she feared, she did something she knew she would kill herself for later. 

-------------------------------

Happy news. 

I'm going to start updating this book twice a week starting from the NEXT update on Saturday. My other book should be completed by then so this will be my main priority. 

Anyway, loved dynamite and can't wait for the next MV.