K

Chapter 42

The remainder of the week passed by like a blur.

With an increase of workload for both parties, everyone was stretched thin and worked to the bone so the week in Japan could go smoothly. With a staggering increase in dance practice hours to the endless hours of recording and producing, the group quickly found themselves at the brink of madness. The only time anyone got to rest was the limited hours of sleep they could attain during the night. Even then it was no where near enough to sustain them through the whole day that followed after. However, no one complained, keeping the mood around them as joyful and stress free as they could despite that being the farthest thing they were feeling.

"Good night, Hyung! Night Mia and Amy!" The boys all called as they left the trio at the entry of their shared apartment. "Good night. We'll meet up at the lobby as usual." Jin replied, before entering the building with the 2 women in tow. 

Not wasting any time, the three musketeers - as they were named- reached their door, Jin unlocking it with his key before letting Mia and Amy in. Amy immediately ran to her room, wanting to make a call to Shin, as Jin and Mia split up to get changed into their night attire, a small smile gracing their lips as they heard Amy whine about something to do with Shin not picking up. 

Locking her bedroom door, Mia began sieving through her suitcase for something comfortable to wear for the night, her normal pyjamas being in the wash and her spare pair lost between the other clothes in her bag. But as she got through the stack of clothing on one side of the suitcase, her mind wondering why she packed so much, a small ping from her phone caught her attention. 

Rushing over to the phone, her frown enlightens as Jin's name pops up on her device along with a text message from him. 

Jin🐻: Your room or mine? 

A simple question, yet one that would cause unnecessary misunderstanding if the texts were to fall in the wrong hands. But for Mia, it was just clear evidence of how exhausted Jin was from the day.

Having watched them the last few days from the side-lines, whilst she did her own work, Mia was able to witness the exhausting schedule of the group first hand. And though the boys stressed that it was only this bad during comeback season and concert times, Mia still felt helpless watching as they neglected themselves just to get a few extra minutes in for dance or vocal practise. It had gotten to the point, Mia would ask the Bighit kitchen staff to borrow the place every day just so she could force some food down their guts. In the short few days that she was with them, silently observing them, Mia had unintentionally let them slip through a barrier or two as she provided them with silent support that no one except Amy knew. 

Mia✨: Yours if that's okay. 

Jin🐻: Yeah, sure is. I'll see you in a few?

Mia✨:: Be there in a bit, just need to sort something out. But please do go to bed before me. 

Jin🐻: I'll wait. 

Mia✨:: No. Don't. Just sleep. I'll literally be there after I brush my teeth.

Mia replied quickly as she headed to the bathroom with her phone in hand in case of a text. But like she thought, no reply was sent when she checked after brushing her teeth. It was something that didn't make her worry as this had happened the previous few nights, so she took her time cleaning up and getting ready for bed, before leaving her room to go to Jin's. 

When she reached his door, after wishing Amy a good night, Mia tiptoed into the semi-lit room without knocking, her eyes immediately landing on Jin's sleeping figure. Her eye's drifted to his phone that lay on his chest, protectively held by his hand, whilst the rest of his body was sprawled contently over the bed and on top of the duvet. Jin's mouth was slightly ajar as he breathed through his mouth, quiet rhythmic snores, before mumbling some incoherent words.