O

Chapter 2

Mia's attention was immediately snatched away by Amy as those words left her mouth. Her previous exhaustion had been drained out of her, as her mouth fell opened and her eyes grew to the size of flying saucers. The previous snappy and uninterested Mia quickly vanished, as a more intrigued and curious Mia replaced her. 

Hearing the name BTS always evoked a weird feeling from her, even before she knew that they existed, with no explanation as to why she felt such a way. However, one thing she was certain of, was that this unearthly feeling had double after she had decided to search the band up one day, unknowingly falling into the rabbit hole of Bangtan.

"What? Are you serious? The fully booked fan meeting in the heart of South Korea? The one that sold out almost instantly? That one?" Mia rambled as she couldn't wrap her head around what she had heard. There was no way she was going to South Korea to see them. No way... Right?

Mia's scrunched up expression quickly caught Amy's attention, who was silently enjoying seeing a frantic expression on her usual calm and sarcastic friend, causing her to bubble up with laughter. "I'm serious. I was able to get the last 2 tickets. I planned on just kidnapping you and taking you there as a surprise but, then realised that the last thing I needed was to be victim to your boxing skills."

"And?" Mia questioned, quickly picking up on her friends half lie. 

There was no way Amy would go through all the trouble of waiting online for the ticket sale, fight millions for 2 tickets, and then book flights all on short notice just to see BTS. As much as the duo loved the band, Amy and Mia would never dub themselves as ARMY, more as casual listeners, and thus Mia saw no reason for Amy to go through so much trouble for a simple fan-meeting with people that they simply admired. There had to be more to the story.

"Also... I wanted some away time from Shin. He's being really over-protective." Amy mumbled when Mia gave her a harmless glare to fess up.

Sawada Shin was the name of Amy's fiancé and father of her child. Though, Mia had met him constantly over the few years the two were dating and got along with him, Mia couldn't blame Amy for wanting to escape him once in a while. After finding out about his child, he had became protective of Amy, even more so than he usually was, but Mia never found it too over the top and suffocating as they weren't together 24/7. He gave Amy more freedom than many partners would and was extremely genuine in his proposal for Amy's hand in marriage, something he had asked permission from Mia for also, so Mia knew there was no need to be alarmed. However saying that, Mia also knew that sometimes Amy needed times away from him to be with her female friends, especially before the baby comes, and this was one of them. 

"Oh... So you're only doing this so you can get away from your husband? And here I thought you were actually thinking about me." Mia replied, acting like the drama queen she was, as she placed her hand on her heart as though she had been fatally wounded.

"Ha ha. Stop playing around, you know I won't fall for it. I can see through you horrible acting in my sleep." Amy stated before pulling out her two slips of paper from her side bag, something Mia just noticed now.  "Anyway, do want to see the ticket or not?" Amy questioned before Mia could reply, waving the 2 tickets around. Mia bobbed her head up and down, before sliding over to Amy to read the content of the letter.

The rest of the night was spent with small moments of fangirling entwined with deep discussions about how they were going to work around their schedules. After all, Mia's schedule was packed almost everyday.

Apart from food challenges, Mia occasionally models, is tasked with creating new recipes, is on the board of multiple top restaurants and is constantly visiting newly built restaurants to scout new talent. With all the work she has, she barley has time for herself, not that she would know what to do with all the spare time. She'd rather work and be productive than wither away and be left with her thoughts. Being left with her thoughts was more harmful than overworking in her opinion, and she wanted to make sure she would avoid her toxic thoughts at all costs. Even if that was physically draining.

****

The next morning, the 2 women left bright and early to get to the shopping centre after deciding they deserved some much needed girl time. However, despite Mia agreeing with such a  thought, she never thought Amy would wake her as early as she had. 

"Tell me again why we are at the shopping centre at 8 in the morning?" Mia grumbled through her mask as she rubbed her tired eye's. She never was a morning person.

"Like I said the last 10 times that you asked, not only will there be less people in the morning but, the shelves were restocked last night meaning we will be the first to see new stuff and not have to worry about anything being empty." Amy replied exhaustedly. It had only been an 1 hours since she had pulled Mia out of her bed, but felt like she had been awake for an eternity and was ready to hit the stacks. 

Much to the girls surprise, when they walked through the entrance of the building, they were met with more people than they had originally would have thought to be here at such an ungodly time. Young teenagers and middle age women were dotted around the centre, the floors containing a roughly 40 customers across a series of shops. The smell of freshly backed goodies was drafting through the air, filling the nostrils of the famished woman. It had now only came to their attention that they never ate before coming here. 

Without a word to each other, the internet stars glided to the closest food stall and ordered the breakfast special, wasting no time in devouring the heavenly treats. With a final slurp of her strawberry flavoured milk, Mia discarded her rubbish and paid for their breakfast delight, before leaving the food stall with a full stomach and a full blown smile on their faces.

Setting off on their shopping frenzy, Mia and Amy quickly found themselves surrounded by a group of teenagers, who wished for an autograph or pictures with the 2 girls being big fans of them. Normally, taking pictures with fans and signing autographs was something the girls didn't mind, especially since they saw nothing wrong with getting to know the people who support them, however, in the case where they are in a public place without security and wished to remain quiet about their location, they had strict rules about taking pictures. So instead of pictures, they decided on autographs, signing random material that the group had, before leaving the shopping mall with 2 bags each and a milkshake in one hand with a doughnut in the other. 

Jumping in their car, the girls drove away from their shopping adventure listening to Mia's favourite playlist as they sing along to the words, sometimes not understanding what they were saying. After a short drive of loud driving, Mia dropped Amy off at her shared house with Shin before heading back home when she saw they entered in safely. 

Not long after dropping Amy off, she parked outside her own house, slipping out of the vehicle before shaking through her bag for her keys. Turning the lock, Mia entered sluggishly with her bags hanging off her arms, shutting the door behind her, but not bolting it.

As she headed away from door, her eyes are drawn to the light filtering in from the kitchen as 2 sudden thoughts entered her mind. Why is the kitchen light on during the day? And didn't she close all lights off before leaving this morning?

Cautiously, Mia tiptoed towards the kitchen with her senses on high alert, preparing to defend herself if needed. However, she quickly released that her boxing wouldn't be required as her eyes instantly recognised the person standing in the middle of the room. Someone she had not seen in months. 

"Mum...."