Chapter Sixty two: Just like your life would mean nothing

A/N: I'm finally done with my exam!!!! I feel so free because that exam has been oppressing me since November last year and now I know that I definitely will not need to be reading any school-related article till whenever I gain admission into the university meaning that I'll try to be posting far more often ranging from 2-3 times every week or maybe even more than that. Even though I'm done with my exam I still have a lot more on my plate because as you may or may not know I'm working on other books as there are the extra POV chapters and other books I will not be speaking much about until the time is right (hehe I'm so mean) anyways thanks for your undying patience and love I love you guys a bunch. Thanks for all your amazing ass comments in previous chapters. I'm more than grateful to you all ❤

~°~°~°~°~°

Life's not easy,
I'm not made out of steel.
Don't forget that I'm human,
Don't forget that I'm real.
Act like you know me,
But you never will.
That's one thing that I know for sure. 〰️ Justin Bieber.

⚫⚫⚫

I don't know why but sleeping was a lot harder to avoid now. I felt drowsy all the time and all I wanted to do was close my eyes and sleep just to escape the madness. My eyelids were becoming heavier and heavier to stay open, but then I didn't want a knife in my neck so I always managed to stay awake. I would sleep for just a few minutes and wake up with a start like I was having a bad nightmare like this was all a bad nightmare and when I opened my eyes it would all be gone but it never did and soon I realized that it was the shocking reality of life.

This was my destiny.

Edwardo had come on several occasions to 'check up on me' as he had put it. It was the same thing always... he would order his men to beat me up hoping I would cough up the drive's location so he can finally do the honors of putting a bullet in my head. I knew that when he was ready for me to leave this cruel world he would want to do the honors himself. He would leave the room as a failure and I would remain with new bruises to add to my collection. He hadn't come to 'check on me' for days and I couldn't say I was entirely pleased about it. Though the thoughts of getting more bruises weren't all that distressing I enjoyed seeing the look on his face when he left in anger and defeat. Presently it was just me and my three trusty bodyguards watching over me.

"Do you think we should search her for anything?" One asked suspiciously as his eyes glazed over me. I had my head dipped in a way that it looked like I was sleeping but I could see every single thing they were doing.

"Anything like what?" Another with a peculiar accent asked impatiently fingering the pen in his hands. I couldn't place his accent but he sounded like a cross between Irish and French.

"I don't know..." the first one admitted defeatedly. "Maybe like a cellphone or a weapon of some kind that would aid her escape." The one with the peculiar accent looked at him in consideration like he was actually starting to make sense. Seeing that he was getting the attention he wanted. He carried on. "What if there's like a bug on her or just something they could use to trace her."