Chapter Nineteen: Flattery will get you nowhere

Wait can we work this out,
You've been on my mind,
Can you turn around,
Can you come here please,
Cause I wanna be with you 〰️ Maroon 5

                                                ⚫⚫⚫

I heard the doorbell ring.

I was sitting in the living watching the TV when it did and I decided, as per usual, to ignore it and carry on with my movie.

The doorbell rang again and again and then stopped. I sighed in relief but it was short-lived as the doorbell came in full speed nonstop not even stopping for a second like either the person knew I was ignoring them or they had little or no patience or better still they were plain stupid. I'm guessing they were just plain stupid because I once again ignored it thinking the person would take the hint and leave.

Boy was I wrong.

The bell went on and on again not stopping and I could not only sense the person's frustration and annoyance but also my own.

I looked towards the stairs waiting for my Abuela to get the damn door because I was more than sure it was meant for her because I didn't have any guests, which I was grateful for and also because I wasn't in the mood to get blood on my hands.

I stared at the stairs for a while wondering why she was taking her precious time when I realized that she wasn't home. I facepalmed myself for being so stupid and forgetful. Realizing that the person wasn't giving up and I couldn't bear it for another second I looked back at my movie before groaning picking up a throw pillow and throwing it across the room in anger, How very convenient... I thought dryly. Though no pun intended, finally standing up... well more like dragging myself up and walking over to the door.

I was watching Haunted and they were just getting to the good part by good part I mean the part where they tear the girl's heart out. I smiled at it before turning the TV off.

As I opened the door I watched as Aiden let his upraised hand fall back to his sides and it was clear he was ready to start banging on the door like the complete retard that he was.

On seeing him I immediately regretted opening the door without checking the peephole first and without bothering to utter a word to him, I slammed the door back but he stuck his foot out at the last minute and caught it before it was able to slam shut.

"Qué mierda quieres." I spat at him but he gave me a bored look.

"Look..." He said putting his hand up in front of my face as if to silence me but at that minute I wanted to snap it right off. "... I'm not Spanish or whatever it is you are ok, and I don't hear it either, never did and never will so-" He snapped his finger. "-English please."

What nerve.

"I choose to speak whatever I damn well please..." I snapped at him glaring. "What the fuck do you want," I said interpreting what I'd said to him before.

"I need to talk to you." He said easily in a duh tone like he was explaining to a little child why they couldn't have a toy or a candy and made an attempt to enter the house but I blocked his way.

"You have so now leave," I said slamming the door but once again like they all had super fast reflexes he caught it very easily with his leg. What was it with these boys and their super fast reflexes? I thought exasperatedly. My only joy was that he winced in pain this time that was something one more time and I'm not sure he'll go back home the same.

"You have to hear everything I have to say stupid." He snarled.

And just when I thought he couldn't be more offensive he just had to prove me wrong. And when I thought I couldn't... no that was wrong I could and so I did. But once again just like you guessed he was fast enough to stop it with his feet but this time it cost him a price as my smile widened when he jumped back gasping and cursing in pain as he jumped around on his one good leg clutching his foot.