Chapter Eighty six: What exactly is in that flash drive?

The million-dollar question :)

~°~°~°~°~°

Don't call me angel, you ain't got me right.
Don't call me angel, you can't pay my price.
Ain't from no heaven, yeah you heard me right.
Even though you know we fly, don't call me angel.

⚫⚫⚫

"Are you sure this is the place, Julia?" I asked with a frown on my face as I cocked my head to stare at the building in front of us. She scratched her neck as she looked down at the directions on the piece of paper she'd been reading from for the past thirty minutes on the drive here, she sighed as she looked back up at the run-down building. She muttered a swear under her breath as she used her hand to smoothen her already perfect slick back bun. She'd rather die than have a strand of her hair out of place.

"I think it is, the directions I got from my sources point to this exact place." I nodded my head and took in a deep breath.

"Alright, we'll just have to be quick about it." I shuddered slightly. "This place is giving me major creeps."

She shuddered too, more visibly, and folded the paper into her bag. "Yeah, me too."

"Wait... you mean you've actually never been to jail before?" I turned my head slowly with a look of bewilderment on my face. "Odd."

I didn't even try to hide the irritated look on my face. "What do you even fucking take me for?"

Ian bit down on his lips, folded his arms, and laughed. "I'll reserve my comment." I eyed him and started walking away from him.

"You better." I turned around and saw they were still standing and staring. "Are you grandmas moving your asses or what?"

〰️〰️〰️〰️

"Hi, we're looking for Alvaro Ramirez," I asked peering over the counter.

The guard looked up slowly from the newspaper he'd been reading and scowled at me for disturbing him before looking over at Ian and Julia in disinterest.

"Why?" The question stunned me as my brows furrowed in confusion, he wasn't supposed to ask why. When I didn't answer his frown deepened. "Who are you?" His voice was thick with a foreign accent, he was definitely not from around these parts.

I didn't want to use my name to get in, what was I saying? Once he heard my name he most definitely wouldn't let me in, because he'd realize that I was the one who messed him up like that.

"We're his friends," I said quickly.

Ian let out a cough that was so loud and forced, it sounded as though he'd just choked on something. "Friend is a very bizarre word to use." I stomped down on his foot which made him grunt in pain, as I looked up at the guard with a bright smile on my face.

"We're his really good friends." The looked between the three of us and shook his head, quickly deciding that we really weren't worth the stress, the scraping of a metal chair against the tiled floor resounded loudly as he got up from his seat.

Christ, this man was huge.

"Come with me." He huffed. We looked at each other before diligently following behind him. He led us down a very dark passage, we walked further into the building and took a turn, he stopped abruptly almost making us hit our faces against his big back. He slowly raised his hand as he pointed at the door down the passage, the light bulbs were shaking as though they'd give out at any minute. It was the only room in the entire passage.