Prologue

Disclaimer(which really isn't a disclaimer): This prologue was meant to entirely be in Spanish but you know homegirl couldn't be bothered to go the extra mile but we move.

〰️〰️〰️〰️

The third-person point of view
One year ago...
Madrid, Spain

She made her way through the darkness of the abandoned warehouse, struggling to make her eyes adjust to the darkness, and also struggled to maintain her balance so she didn't trip over anything.

That wouldn't give a good impression.

The rain falling outside was insane accompanied by thunder and lightning which was the only thing lighting her way.

She immediately regretted leaving the comfort of her home on this stormy night but it had to be done and who better to do it than her. It wasn't like she was the only one capable of doing it or anything.

She stood for a while wondering if she'd read the letter right it said two am and it was exactly two am so where were they she thought. She considered for a long time if to keep quiet and catch him off guard or if to announce her presence, her greatest virtue wasn't patience so she picked the latter.

"I'm here... just like you asked." She called out tapping her feet impatiently but got no reply. All she got was the cold steel on the side of her head and the clicking removing the sound of the safety.

"My dear Sierra so glad you could make it." She felt herself shiver but she was more than sure it was because of the rain and not the fact there was a gun to her head that had already happened a million times before it came with the job description.

"Eduardo..." She drawled giving him a sinister smile. "To what do I owe this pleasant surprise?" She asked. He grunted something under his breath and removed the gun from the side of her head. When he didn't reply she just continued.

"I hear you have a business proposal for me one that I couldn't quite refuse." She said stating her purpose and not wasting a single time she needed to get out of there as fast as she came in and hopefully alive.

"I'm willing to make you a trade you will give me the flash drive containing all the information-" She didn't let him even finish.

Of course, that's what this was about... I should have known. She thought to herself.

"No way in hell...there is no way in hell that I'm giving it to you so if that's all you need to say I'm leaving." She started turning around on her heels and trying to make her way back the way she came.

"But you didn't hear the other part of the deal." He called out and she could feel his sinister smile penetrating her back.

"I don't need to hear it because I don't care." She threw back over her shoulder not bothering to look around.

"No?... but I think it might interest you, Sierra, my dear you might want to stick around because this is where the fun part starts." He literally sang.

She halted and turned around slowly just in time to catch the sinister smile creep onto his face once again.

"What are you talking about?" She asked cautiously and as if on cue the lights in the room came on and she sees a woman strapped to a chair with a bag over her head and gag in her mouth.

"So now you're into kidnapping... I wasn't informed you had gone even further down the humane table." She asked cocking her head to the side, shaking it, and once again attempting to walk away. But she heard his laugh and turned around. It was mocking.