Chapter Four: Well that's in the phonebook too

It's just me, myself and I,
Solo ride until I die,
Cause I got me for life,
I don't need no hand to hold,
Even when the night is cold,
I got that fire in my soul,
I don't need anything to get me through the night.〰️ Bebe Rexah

                                               ⚫⚫⚫

"So this is the office where you get your schedule and also your locker number.” Enrique who was actually Dallas was telling me. Turns out he also didn’t like to be called his Spanish name.

I stepped in and was greeted by the smile of a woman who was around her mid-thirties. "You must be the new foreign exchange student from Spain I'm Sarah."

I just looked down at my feet after giving her an irritable look and didn't even give her the pleasure of a response.

“Sarah...” I heard Dallas say impatiently behind me. “Please give her, her schedule and her locker number she’s new and is still getting used to the area so forgive her." He offered in my defense. Who the hell did he actually think he was talking like he knew me or something.

She smiled politely and said. “Well of course.” She handed me the schedule and a little paper where she had scribbled the locker number and smiled brightly. I gave her a sour look before collecting it and mumbling something under my breath.  I realized that I had chemistry first... how great.

I also realized that I had no idea where that was so I just decided to ask Dallas but as I turned around I discovered I was the only one left in the office. I frowned as I stepped into the hallway assuming he was standing there but that was empty too... well if you exclude all the other people gaping at me like they never saw a new student before.

Oh please get a life.

Convinced that indeed he had stood me up I did what any other smart person in my position would have done... start wondering about until I somehow miraculously found my class.

Well, find minutes later and it turns out that it wasn't such a bright idea and it definitely wasn’t working. I stood in the middle of the now-empty hall convinced I was indeed screwed just when a boy; blonde-haired, green eyes walked up to me and asked the most obvious and stupid question ever.

"You don't know where you're class is... do you?”

No honey I do know where it is. I just like wandering around a deserted school hall on my first day of school when I should be in class pretending to not know where I was going.

I was so tempted to tell him to get lost and that I didn’t need his flipping help but the sad truth was I did because as it was I was already late and at this rate, I would never find my class. So I sucked it all in and shook my head.

He gave me a broad smile and stretched out his hand hoping for me to hold on to him but I just walked forward and then slowed down when I realized I still didn't know where I was going.

He soon walked up and moved ahead keeping a steady pace. "I'm Ethan by the way." He said offering small talk.

I just kept walking without even bothering to respond or even look at him. Luckily for him, he got the memo and kept quiet till we got to the class.

"This is it." He finally announced as we stopped in front of a class.

I nodded at him and just as I was about to step into the class he held me back. I looked up at him from my smallish 5'4 to his possible 6'1  and gave a look that simply said.