Chapter Two: Use your legs honey

Hey guys sorry for my irregular updating schedule I promise to update more regularly enjooyy...

〰️〰️〰️〰️

For the past one million hours and counting I had been on my bed doing completely nothing but listening to songs from my AirPods.

I heard a muffled sound coming from downstairs. I took off one of the AirPods and it took about a minute to realize that it was from my Abuela.

"Sierra honey would you come down for a minute" she called.

"Uggghhh." I groaned back in response. What could she possibly want? I wondered to myself as I literally dragged myself down the stairs.

I came down and saw another older woman about my Abuela's age.

"Sierra meet Echidna, Echidna is my very good friend." She explained, introducing the older lady to me. "And Echidna this is my grandbaby, Sierra."

"Abuela it's Aria here," I told her cringing at the name.

"Sierra..." She muttered. Was she deaf?

"Aria..." Echidna started again unsurely causing me to relax. "...It's nice to finally meet you, Paula has said so much about you" I simply stared at her clearly bored out of my mind.

"How old are you again sweetie." She asked clearly finding the silence unnerving.

"She's seventeen. She'll be eighteen by July." My Abuela answered for me as she knew I wasn't going to say anything.

"So she doesn't talk" was her snarky reply.

It was settled we didn't like each other.

"She just arrived yesterday she's still getting used to her surroundings and meeting new people." My Abuela came rushing in my defense. Too late her nose was already up in the sky.

Echidna seemed to be considering something as she said. "You know she's about the same age as Enrique... I know maybe I'll call him over." She smiled taking out her phone.

She was kidding she had to be. I begged

"I don't think that's necessary you see Sierra just arrived yesterday she needs time to settle down and-"

"Nonsense." She said waving a hand and interrupting my Abuela which caused me to raise an eyebrow. "She'll have to be up and about some time and with school just around the corner and who better to start with than family"

Come on Abuela fight harder.

"I really don't think..." She trailed off and a not so good look appeared on her face. "Well ok fine." She finally said agreeing with Echidna.

Wow, thank you so much, Abuela for not giving up on me. I thought to myself sarcastically with an eye roll.

"Good I'll call him right now..." She placed the phone in her ear and listened for a while. "Enrique honey be a darling and come over to Paula's right now."

Almost immediately we heard a knock on the door. "Come on in the door's open." My Abuela called out.

Just then in walked a brown-haired boy about my age. He was wearing a black top that clung to his upper body and I could tell that he was in shape. He also wore sweatpants which seemed a bit off to me and his hair was so messy it looked like he got out of bed saying I don't give a fuck. He also happened to be the very same boy I saw yesterday on my way back from my walk.