Chapter Seventy seven: You're not even my type

My heart belongs to you, I risk it all for you.
I'll never let you down again, again.
My baby, where are you now when I need you most?
I'd give it all just to hold you close.
Sorry that I broke your heart, your heart.
I'll treat you better than I did before,
I'll hold you down and not let you go.
This time I won't break your heart. 〰️The Weeknd.

⚫⚫

"Hey, sorry I took so long, there were a lot of things I needed to handle," I announced as I walked through the doors of the Reid mansion. At the center, under the large staircase which was usually deserted was filled with various family members. I stopped as my eyes met Dakota's she looked so pale and unlike her regular self. "What's going on?" I asked firmly as I planted my hands into the pockets of my trousers so I wouldn't reach out to cradle her.

"Dakota went to get Ian down for lunch," Axel started. "But when she got to his room, he wasn't there and according to security footage from the guards outside, he hasn't come home in days. He's not taking his calls, not even Mom's own and she's been calling him for a while, we've contacted everyone and nobody knows where he is, it's like he's just disappeared or something."

I pushed the worry that was growing inside me and asked. "Any  old friends he could possibly have just gone to see?"

Arlo shook his head. "The boys, Addison, and you-" I coughed loudly at that and he gave a quick nod in understanding before going on. "Are the only he's had in so long."

There was a stretched awkward silence after that till Dax coughed awkwardly as he moved from one foot to the other staring between his elder twin brothers. "Did you both fight?" Arlo and Axel at the same time shot him a look that said a million words but said nothing, on the other hand, frowned as I turned to the ground not understanding what that had to do with anything. As if noticing my discomfort he quickly added. "I'm just saying because anytime you two get into a fight or an argument he takes it really really hard, he gets aggressive and very violent and I mean this time he almost hit Dakota and-"

"And he really loves her... I know." I completed through gritted teeth as I kicked something on the ground before looking back at him, by now everyone had their eyes on me.

"So you know how serious this is." I nodded as I quickly pushed my hair out of my eyes and took in a deep breath.

"We did fight," I said calmly. "I told him that I was done with him and I wanted nothing to do with him and he should never come near me ever again." There was more obviously like about me murdering him if he tried but I couldn't say that in front of his younger siblings and even his mother.

"And then he ran away." Brody quickly concluded and my eyes moved to him defensively.

"That's a very strong way to put it, he isn't a child,  he wouldn't just run away, I'm more than sure that he just went somewhere to... I don't know vent." I struggled out quickly I wasn't going to allow them to pin that idiot's disappearance on me. "Try calling him again, maybe there wasn't any service before."

Axel stared at me with hard eyes with his hands crossed. "He hasn't been answering his calls and neither is he replying to his texts."

"Now his phone is switched off, he clearly doesn't want to be found," Logan added shoving his phone back into his pocket in frustration.