Chapter Sixty seven: I'm most definitely not a bloody psychic

"What do you mean you're not sure if she now remembers who I am?" I heard a voice demand furiously slamming their hand against a table silencing the entire room from its previous mumble. "She's the love of my fucking life."

My eyes shot open.

I don't know why they did but they did I let them wander about the room frantically till they landed on the person who had uttered those very statements that should have changed everything. Though he had his back to me I could tell through his stiff back that he was glaring down at the doctor. Addison and Julia stood beside the doctor with frustrated looks on their faces, they were too engaged in trying to get him to calm Ian down that I'm not sure they realized that I had woken up.

I'm not sure I wanted them to.

"Mr. Reid," the doctor started cautiously, his tone calm and professional but his eyes wide with panic as he kept glancing towards my direction and the supporting machines in alarm. "Mr. Reid you need to take it easy remember that you're in a hospital and this is most definitely not the best place to be throwing tantrums... think of the patients."

"Fuck them."

"Ian you need to cool your shit down and listen to the doctor who is the only one with a clear mind at the moment," Addison counseled him tiredly, the doctor looked at her and nodded his head slightly in agreement somewhat grateful that someone finally was on his side. "And you remember what he said yesterday if you put her through any form of stress whatsoever... she could pass through a couple of serious medical big words that have refused to b stored in my memory."

They turned to her in disbelief but she shrugged chuckling slightly. "What? You trying to act like you don't know when it comes to anything medical I'm almost as dumb as Aiden," she said quickly in her defense.

"What this fool is trying to say..." Julia said stepping in and pushing her friend away and doing all in her power to ignore her heavy glare. "...is that she isn't supposed to be put through any form of stress, all this noise you're making can be seen as a form of stress and if constant outbursts like slamming or banging your fist against the table should go on one day you could send her into a fit of shock and that will most definitely not be good for her heart because she could even go as far as having a cardiac arrest," Julia stated much to the amazement of everyone including the doctor who looked at her in wonder.

"You might as well have taken the words straight out of my mouth." The doctor said proudly and she gave a meek smile.

"I actually want to be a doctor when I grow up," she said shyly.

"I have no doubt in mind that you'll do an amazing job."

When they had finished their little heart to heart they turned to see the boy still staring at the doctor with angry impatient eyes like he had asked a question and hadn't gotten his answer yet. His eyes were hard and his jaw was set as he stared straight into the doctor's soul, he shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other the tension in the room so thick you could slice through it with a knife. This doctor clearly didn't want to be present in this room with this boy in it.

He didn't even try to hide it.

The boy- Ian, looked way worse than he did yesterday he looked like he didn't get any sleep all through the night, they were red and swollen, the under of his eyes were dark and the eye bags looked so heavy, his hair looked messy and unkempt, and even though he had changed out of the clothes he had on yesterday, he still looked pretty much the same, he looked horrible like he was suffering and it was really heartbreaking to look at him. His shoulders were sagged indicating his tiredness, his eyes should have been dull and lifeless considering the state of his body... but they weren't. They were bright as day with nothing fueling them but anger.