Chapter Thirty one: Because very soon it'll belong to me

"Hey, you wanna come somewhere with me?"

I groaned why were they always going somewhere couldn't they just like take the day off or something just when you were about to do something you actually enjoyed somebody would always want to go to some damn place.

But I've been on this before.

I sighed, rolled my eyes at him, slumped down in bed, cursed, threw a pillow at him which he dodged, groaned again in pure frustration. He looked over at me calmly and was just about to say something... oh by the way it was Ian. When I held my hand up to silence him I already knew what he wanted to say.

"Don't you dare." He smirked and watched me struggle off the bed my stupid legs now got caught up in the covers and I fell straight to my face in front of Ian how embarrassing.

It took a minute for me to realize he was laughing and I growled at him causing him to stay quiet but his lips still quivered. He walked up to me and gave me a hand up I swatted his hand out of the way to get up myself but my legs still didn't come free as I fell back down.

I looked up at him and he looked like he was going to cry for suppressing his tears for so long. He stretched his hand out again and I grudgingly took it.

Big mistake.

He pulled me free and when I was about to get up he yanked his hand away and I fell back down on my ass. I don't even know how that happened.

"You bastard." I snarled but he just chuckled and stretched his hand out again. Did he really think I was stupid enough to fall for that again?

"You've got to be insane if you think I'm ever going to fall for that again," I said and instead of standing just remained on the floor of my bedroom finding the floor rather amusing.

"Come on trust me." He said slyly with his hands still stretched out.

"No thank you there's not a single chance in hell."

He shrugged like he didn't care and walked to my desk and picked up a little book that I usually wrote poems in yes I wrote poems so what.

I didn't object though but as he read the first page his face instantly paled and I smiled. It was a short simple poem.

Happy death day,
Wishing you a day filled with sorrow, pain, and despair.
I hope you enjoy your soul while you still have it,
Because very soon it'll belong to me,
See you soon.
Yours ever, death ××

He stared at me unbelievably and shook his head continuously as I just smiled innocently at him. "I always knew you were sadistic I just didn't realize the depths of it."

I shrugged it off casually and went back to lie in my bed happy that he had forgotten about what he came here for but life just had a way of always being one step ahead of you.

"I almost forgot... will you come somewhere with me." He said like he was asking me to marry him or something.

"If there's no food involved count me out." I sighed I honestly had nothing better to do why not go and have some free food.

He gave me a look that said to trust him and I sighed again shooting him a look and getting up careful this time so I didn't trip.

"Give me a minute to change last time you said that I ended up feeling like a sack of potato," I said pulling at my black baggy sweater and shorts.

"Nah you look perfect." He said absentmindedly.

I looked at myself in the mirror trying to adjust my hair and smiled to myself. "Exactly what I had in mind... just wanted someone else to say it," I said throwing my hair back dramatically.

He rolled his eyes. "I should have known... how do I keep forgetting that."

I just smirked in return as I pulled on my white converses.

"You have to be the biggest narcissist I know." He said fingering something on my table I couldn't see.

I put on my little studded earrings for the sake of it and sighed. "I mean it's kind of hard not to be when you look like me," I said gesturing at my face to body.

"See what I mean." He said with a sigh but I chose to just ignore him.

Giving myself one last look and deciding I was decent enough I turned around to face him. "This way no matter where we go I don't look like a hobo standing next to you."

He chuckled and opened the door of my bedroom for me to go through. I slapped him across the chest and he gave me a questioning look. "My hands aren't amputated I'm sure I can damn well open my own door."

He raised his hands in surrender. "And they say chivalry is dead... monsters like you killed it."

When we got to his car and he went straight to the driver's side and got in he didn't attempt to open the door so I stood there and waited. He finally gave me a frustrated look when I didn't come in and came out slamming his own door shut.

"What exactly is it." He snapped at me.

I looked at him calmly and signaled to the door he stared at me incredulously and gave a forced laugh.

"You're kidding right... you hit me because I opened the door for you and now you want me to do just that."

I nodded. "Exactly." He gave me a disbelieving look.

"I said I wasn't amputated and I could do so myself... what I never said was you shouldn't be a gentleman," I replied very wisely if I do say so myself.

"You are one confused human being." He said and opened the door for me and I slid easily in.

When he got back around he glared at me and started the car.

We drove for what seemed like an hour as we left town and all I could see was the road ahead of us. No buildings, no trees. No form of human life. This was getting worrying he must have noticed my discomfort because then he said with a chuckle.

"Don't worry I'm not a serial killer I'm not going to murder you and dump your body by the roadside."

That was awfully specific but I just scoffed. "Please... you couldn't harm me even with my hands tied behind my back, blindfolded." I countered back.

He smirked at me that oh so sinful smirk that would have made me, more than a year ago to melt but now I was stronger and didn't feel such weak emotions anymore.

"Is that a dare?" He said leaning in so close that I could smell him and... boy did he smell good.

I smirked back at him. "One you won't quite win."

He rolled his eyes backed away and kept his eyes on the road and then stopped the car all of a sudden in the middle of nowhere.

We walked for some minutes before he looked at me again and smirked. "Wanna put your money where your mouth is?"

I looked up and my breath got stuck in my throat as my jaw dropped as I gasped.

There was no way.

                                              ⚫⚫⚫

Cliff hanger alert... oh that was so mean.

Now I'm starting to think he's actually going to murder her who can guess what that's all about.

I don't really have anything to say concerning this chapter except that she scares me she's my character I created her but she scares the Sugar Honey Ice Tea out of me.

Daily reminder: Do only what makes you happy.❤❤

Thanks for reading,
Don't forget to vote 😚😚

♡ Durbby ♡