Chapter Eight: If I were you I'd run...while I still could

I finally moved from the spot I'd been standing in for the past five minutes as I stared fumingly at Ian, Cody, and Aiden.

They barely spared me a glance and just as easily looked away like it was perfectly normal for them to be in my house and there was no big deal whatsoever.

"What are you doing here?" I asked more surprised than anything.

They all just ignored me as Ian kept scrolling through whatever he was scrolling through on his phone and Cody and Aiden were too busy playing a game on the TV that none even bothered to answer me which only infuriated me even more.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse Dallas walked in casually with a mouthful of my leftover pizza edges from the previous night and a can of my newly ordered sodas in his hands

After staring at the spaghetti yesterday for close to ten minutes I decided I wasn't going to take any chances and die by something as weak as food poisoning so I just ordered pizza paying using my Abuela's credit card.

"Que demonios estan haciendo ustedes en mi casa(what the hell are you doing in my house.)" I asked much more furiously as Dallas stared at me clearly not expecting to see me but amused at getting caught.

"Aria..." He started finishing the crusts and taking a full swing of the soda. "I thought you were back in school." He asked with a smirk as he finished up the soda and gave me his full attention.

I glared at him but just chose to ignore him. "And how did you even get in?" I asked.

Because I knew very well that my Abuela never left the house without locking the door she was too cautious and there was no way they'd had known that the spare key was kept in the flower pot. Even though that was the most obvious spot after under the rug. They weren't that smart.

This seemed to get their attention as Cody and Aiden dropped the controllers they were playing with and Ian also put his phone down but they still just kept staring at me like they were suddenly dumb. Their silence unnerved me.

"Your nana let us in," Dallas said finally breaking the silence awkwardly.

"That's a bloody lie." I spat walking towards the stairs even though I knew very well that she wasn't at home or that even if she was she wouldn't just let them in because she knew how I felt about Dallas, in particular, letting them all in would just give me a reason to commit murder.

"Abuela..." I yelled. "Abuela..." They were all watching me closely now with worried expressions on their faces.

"She's not even home so how the hell did you get in."

I was already in a bad mood on getting back from school with all that happened on my way and the fact that Dallas the idiot let me walk, all I wanted to do was just take a bath and go straight to bed... what did I ever do to deserve this.

"Guys she's caught on to us..." Cody said standing and stretching. "...so we might as well tell the truth..." He took and deep breath and sighed with a pained expression on his face. "Aiden stole your spare key from inside the flower pot outside." He blabbed out with his head down to the ground.

My eyes immediately shot at Aiden whose head snapped to Cody with a glare before turning back to me with raised hands as he rolled his eyes in disbelief.

"So much for telling the truth." He muttered under his breathe.

"You know what..." I started all patience gone my mouth in a grim line. "I don't care I just want you all to get the hell out of my house right now."

"No," Ian said replying me just as calmly it was the first thing he'd said since I'd gotten home but it was like a blow to me.

"What?" I spat the fire growing in my eyes as my head snapped to him but he didn't flinch. I attempted to move towards him to snap his head in two but Dallas cut my stride holding his hand up in front of me.