BRIE

"Open your mouth." I say to Birdie as I try to get her to eat her food. "Open up-" My mouth starts to ring and I see it's my sister. I answer hoping everything alright, it's rare she calls me now, she knows I am normally busy. "What's up, Nic-"

"Roman left me. He fuc-" I turn the phone off speaker so Birdie doesn't hear the rest.

"Nicole, what's going on? Start from the beginning."

"He came in early this morning, after I told him not to come home. When I was getting ready to leave we started to argue."

"Leaving?"

"Yea, I was having breakfast with Randy."

"Nicole?"

"He doesn't know. Besides, Randy was the one who told me to go back. When I did, he didn't want to talk. And he called me a waste of time. I've been crying for hours."

"What the... heck? Are you .... freakin serious?"

"Yes, I am so hurt and angry right now. I just don't wanna be alone."

"Well, don't be. Call a friend and schedule plans, I will call fly out there later today with Birdie. And in the meantime, I will call Bryan, and have him talk to Roman. Just-"

"No, that not what I want. If Roman really wants me he will come home."

"But, Nicole, you and I both know Roman. He's...  He's weak minded. I don't want him to do something stupid. Your pregnant with twins and you don't need this any of this. So since you asked, I won't tell Bryan. But when you get there you need to make a choice to stay with Roman or come back with me. Because I told Roman, if he messes with you again I am going to-"

"I know. I just am so confused. How did he flip the script on me. He found a way for me to feel stupid."

"Well, your not. I am going to start packing, I will see you soon. I love you Nicole, take care."

"Love you too." She hangs up, the phone but that not it for me. I know she said don't call Bryan, and I am not I am calling Roman.

I roll my eyes when he doesn't answer, I guess I will text him.

I put my phone down, getting really nervous but at the same time I feel empowered

I put my phone down, getting really nervous but at the same time I feel empowered. Who does he think he is. After five minutes, I get a text back.

"That was fast?" I question.

Second, later a picture is sent

(don't own photo)   "Oh my gosh, how do I tell, Nicole?"

(don't own photo)

"Oh my gosh, how do I tell, Nicole?"