Nicole

I can't believe I am doing this! I can't believe I am actually doing this

I can't believe I am doing this! I can't believe I am actually doing this. I am acting like I am happy to be eating breakfast with my crazy husband, his stupid friend, and the in-laws. Trust me when I say I would love to be anywhere else right now.
" So how was the honeymoon?" My father in law asks me.
" Fine." I say taking a bite of the mango slices that sat on my plate. Roman looked at me pretty disappointed, but I don't care. His parents and I never got along, and now since we are married they want to act like we are best friends. Yeah... No thanks.
" We had a great honeymoon. I took Nicole to many of the attractions in Paris." A smile comes over my mother in law face, as if she did something amazing.
" You're very lucky to have my son, he treats you good." She says. As those words leave her mouth I can not even control an ounce of my emotions. I roll my eyes with humor.
" What's so funny, Nicole?" My father- in- law asks me.
" What's funny is this conversation. What's funny is all of you." I say standing up from the table, pointing at all of them. " I am not going to sit here, and act like I am so privileged to be in you people presence, because it is exhausting. You wanna talk about the honeymoon so much, let talk about before the honeymoon!"
" Shut up, Nicole!" Roman shouts throwing his towel on his plate. But I refuse to listen.
"Your son cheated on me at his bachelorette party, with a 21 year old hooker. And the worst part is I can't leave him because I am pregnant."
The in-laws and Dean mouths drop when they hear the big news. But that was obviously not the way I planning to tell them.
Roman stands up with an equal level of anger after I exposed him.
" You want to talk truth, Nicole? Then speak it! Where were you at the other night?"
" John's place. Are you happy? I stayed at John's place, my ex. And I would do again in a heart beat."
The room goes quiet until Roman gets the words out.
" Nicole, May I speak with you upstairs?"