Roman

4:21 AM
I have been sitting in the waiting room for eight-plus hours, trying to remain as calm as possible. I have not seen or heard anything from Nicole, and at this point, I am getting restless, sleepy, and irritated.
I get and head to the guest check in table.
" Hi, I know visiting hours are over. But I had the longest day, I drove three hours to come home to my wife. I then had a stressful dinner to make things better, only to sit here for 8 hours. So what I am asking is may I please see my wife?" I look at the nurse from earlier, she knows who I am because it is the same one we came in with.
" Fine, but you have to be quick." She says. " She looks on her computer." Nicole, Right."
" Yes."
" Room 307."
" Thank you so much."I walk in pass the large door, hoping to act as normal as possible. Since the hospital is rather small, there is no security or they are on other side. Finally, I reach her room number. " Nicole?" I say walking in. She looks up at me with such innocence.
" Roman?" She mumbles. It feels like eternity waiting to here the status of what's going on." Are thought you were gone." She asks turning down the tv.
" No, I would never leave you. But what's going on? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?"
" So according to the doctor, the baby is suppose grow 1 day out of weeks. But the baby is growing a little bit faster, my stomach didn't stretch enough. So my body was working with the baby to get it comfortable and safe. So they gave me some pain pills, and told me to rest. I feel much better, and they are going to run some tests on me. But the baby is good." She says rubbing her stomach.
I don't know how much of what she said was true, because it looks like she is high on those pills. But I am just glad the baby is great.
" That's great. Alright, I can't stay here much longer. Because visiting hours are over. But I will pick you up in the morning, I will get here around 9. Is that good?"
" Yea."
" Okay. I will see you tomorrow." I lean in for a kiss, it takes her a little while to realize what I was doing, but she finally leans back in. " Love You." She just waves back as I leave the room.
----------------
Once arriving home, I wanted a piece of mind then I remember that Brie is here, and we did not leave off on the best of terms.
I walk in a see the kitchen light on, and from afar I talk to Brie.
" Good Night, Brie."
" Wait! How Nicole and the baby?"
" Good. I am going to pick her up in the morning."
" And I am sorry, about what I said earlier. You may be starting to make me eat my own words. You were very heroic earlier."
" Good Night, Brie." I say. Not that I was trying to be rude, but she told me something I already know.