ROMAN

After my talk with my daughter, I go into Nicole and my room and see her crying under the cover.
"What's wrong?" I ask, getting beside her, but she's too busy crying to answer." Is it Jojo?"
"Yes." She answers while wiping her tears."I am hurt, Roman. What did she say, when you want in?"
"She told me she was angry at you because you are the reasons; I don't see them as often. And that once the baby comes, I probably will not care about them anymore. And I told her that not even close to accurate and that I will probably see them more because I will be on paternity leave."
"And what did she say?"
"Nothing, new, she just kept repeating the same things over and over."
"I just feel bad." She says as she still wipes her tears.
"Why? I feel bad for you. You had this huge surprise plan, and it didn't go the way you planned it to go. So don't worry about it. I am going to call their mom and have her pick them up."
"What? No!" She questions me.
"Because I don't want it to be an awkward atmosphere around here, plus its stress on you and the baby. So I will just send them home."
"No, because she is probably going to blame me. And hate me even more. No, thanks."
"Don't worry; I will let her know it's my idea. Now get ready to hit the road."