ROMAN

"Welcome home!"I hear Nicole scream from down the hall in our house in Arizona, as she runs to hug me.
"Thanks," I say sarcastically at her welcome, but she doesn't notice.
"Come eat dinner with me. I ordered a pizza... You're favorite. Yeah." She says, throwing her hands in the air with such joy.
"Actually... I am exhausted. I think I am just going to lay down."
"No, Roman!" She yells out. " Why won't you spend time with me?"
"Because... I am tired. I just had a 30-minute match tonight, and I drove 4 hours to be with you tonight. So please, let me take a nap."
"No, I haven't seen you in four days. Let's just hang out."
"Fine." I throw my suitcase on the ground and get me slices of pizza before flopping on the couch, next to her.
"Thank you. What do you want to watch? We can binge-watch a tv show or-"
"Hold on, Nicole. The kids are calling me." I get up and leave the couch, going back into the kitchen, and answer the video call.
"Daddy!" Jojo yells out with such excitement.
"Hello, Princess."
"When are you coming to get us?"
"Look, Honey. It may be a little while until I see you guys. Nicole and I are staying in Arizona for the time being."
" Why?"
"Because she needs me right now."
"But I need you to. You promised that we would hang out and go to Disney this week."
" I know! I know. But I can't make it."
" Ugh... You suck." She yells at me before ending the call. I place my phone on the counter because I didn't expect... Well, at least not at this age. This sucks. I hate this... Is it like my kids or my pregnant wife?
I walk back in the living room to see Nicole is gone, but she leaves a little note on the sticky pad. ' Took to long. Going to bed.'
I just laugh, because I can't win with her.