NICOLE

I come downstairs with wavy hair and my sweats to see the kids at the dining room table. And Roman in the kitchen is dishing out his plate.
"Hey." He says, pulling me in for an inside hug as I rest my head on his shoulder. "You feeling better?"
"Yea."I say, ready to walk away towards the kids, but he grabs me by my wrist.
"Don't just say yes, because I don't want to deal with later, so if you have something to say. Say it now."
"Roman, it's okay. I believe you said nothing happen... So nothing happened."
"Good. Conversation closed." He says, upsetting me, ending the conversation as if I am his child. But whatever.
I walk on to the kids to say hello to them before sitting down at my already made plate. And pretty soon Roman, follow behind me.
"So, kids, we have an announcement to make!" Roman starts with.
"Any guesses?" I ask as I try to do a pair of exciting jazz hands. The kids look at us if such blank faces, with no intention to guess." Going once... Going twice...Alright, I will just get the cake." I say, getting up heading towards the kitchen.
"Cake?"Jojo asks excitingly.
"Yeah! I am a cool stepmom." I say, laughing as I grab the cake from the counter.
"Is it chocolate or vanilla?" Jojo asks Roman as I walk back over.
"I don't know; Nicole picked it out." Roman respond.
"Well, skip the flavor. What we should be asking if it's a boy or a girl?" I say, placing the cake on the table letting the kids, well, just JoJo read it. She looks puzzled at first until she pieces it all together.
"You're having a baby?" She asks me.
"Yea, your dad and I are expecting."
I expect to see a smile on her face, but I get the total opposite. She slams her fork on the table before running to her room.
"No, Nicole, you're an evil stepmom!" She yells out before we all hear the door slam to her room. Roman and I look at each other in complete shock.
"Are you okay?" He asks me.
"Yea, I'm fine."
"Alright, I am going to check on her."