Roman

Gosh! Why do I find myself in these situations? I thought I was doing the right thing when it came to telling Nicole about what my mom said, but it only created more drama.
She slams the car door and makes her way back into the house. I follow behind her after realizing that my parents are no longer here, they must have already left.
I come inside and see Nicole sitting on the couch with her arms crossed against her chest, as her eyes follow my every move.
" I am sorry." I say walking over to her. I take a seat on the opposite couch, because she may punch me.
" What are you sorry about? I am a monster. Right?"
" No, you are far from one.  And I should have rephrased it in the car, but I do a lot of dumb things and I give you reasons to divorce. So I think she was trying to protect me from my own mistakes and money. Does that make sense?"
" No!" She blurts out before walking away towards the back office.
" Where are you going? We were having a conversation. You don't just walk away." I say following her. I feel a buzz in my back pocket, I reach to get my phone. It's an email from the company. I continue to read it as I walk back to it.
" What's that? Did your mom email you information for the prenup?"
" No, it's from work."
"  What do they want?"
" They were thinking about having you come back for a storyline on your pregnancy. You obviously won't be wrestling, but they will find something for you."
" No, I want to announce to the world me pregnant, at my own time in my own way. Plus isn't it dangerous?"
" Yes, and I figured you would say that. So you get a bonus but you have to sign a clause stating you can't sue them if anything happens. Are you sure? Because they have to a certain amount of women on the roster, so that means your spot is taken, or development will come up. Or another wrestler will take your spot."
" Yea, I don't care. I just want to have a safe and healthy pregnancy, I am no longer in my 20's."
" Alright, I will let them know. But again, your not a monster. She was referring to me, so please don't be angry."
" Yea, whatever."
" Alright, I am going to take a nap. I couldn't sleep on the flight, when I get up I will make us dinner. And then we can talk. Okay?"
" Yep. Bye now."