ROMAN

I feel wrong about Nicole, but come on? I am a dad, and I need to spend time with my kids, as well. I just can't believe she had no sympathy for me; I guess I can blame it on her pregnancy. But nothing can wipe the smile off my face, as Jojo rides in the front seat laughing along with her brothers drinking her mistakes.
"I am done." She says as you can hear the slurping of the straw coming into contact with the foam cup.
"How was it?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the road as we continue to drive back to my house.
"Splendid."
" Do you even know what that means?" I ask with a severe amount of laughing.
"Sort of, I hear on those phony tv-shows that comes on in the afternoon."
"Soap Opera?"
" Yea, those. My teacher is always watching them on her computer."
"Shouldn't she be teaching you?"
"I guess." She then looks down at my phone to see the screen lit up with a notification." Who's Aliyah?"
"Who?"
"Aliyah? You got a text from her."
"What does it say? Can you please read it for me?"
"It says.' Hey, In town. Want to work out together?"
"Oh... She just some wrestler on the developmental brand. Look her up."After a couple of minutes, Jojo shows me a picture of her.

"After a couple of minutes, Jojo shows me a picture of her

"Is that her?"
" Uh...Yea. I worked with her for a couple of weeks."
"Oh, that's cool... I guess. She's pretty. She looks like Nikki... Well, a bootleg Nikki."
"That was not very nice."
"I am sorry. But is Nikki going to be there today?"
"Oh, no. She had to handle business with her sister. You know Brie, right?"
"Yea, the one who is always screaming 'Brie mode." She says, doing a little mimic of her.
"Yea, her, but I will call Nicole when we get back home, and I will see if maybe she will fly and come see you. But I have a surprise for you at home."
"Good, I miss her, tons."
———-
We pull into the driveway, and the kids get instantly excited when they see my parent's car here.
"Grandma!" Jojo screams out, running to the door. After getting the boys out of the car, we are greeted with hugs and kisses.
With everyone settling down from all the excitement and surprise, I begin to fulfill my promise to Jojo.
"I am going to Call, Nicole. I will be right back."
I leave the crowded room and go to the dark corner trying to make the phone call when all of a sudden, I hear the doorbell.
"Who's here?" I whisper to myself, making my way to the door. Once opening it, I am in the unexpected presence of Aliyah.