What They Don't Know

Demi pictured above

Unfuckingbelieveable. I came here for a certain reason and by doing so I discovered an entirely different truth. Well then, this only adds more for me to look into. I must say that my blood was boiling and I wondered if my brother Duel was aware of this? I highly doubt it. He spends so much time trying to avoid his wife Zoe that he probably isn't on top of thing's like he should be. Sad part is that the entire family including Zoe's parent's are aware that it's only a matter of time before their marriage blows up. As for now we all stay silent on the subject. If any of us interfere it would just add fuel to the fire.

Not only that but mom insists that we don't intrude. She claims that the two of them need to learn from their mistakes and handle this without us meddling. The adults are just standing by waiting to interject if it gets too out of hand. At least my family and Zoe's parent's have agreed on this and both refuse to allow a potential failed marriage rip the family apart. We've seen enough of that over the year's.

It would be nice if my mom did the same for me concerning my Pape. Well, I know she tries but he can be a force to reckon with. The man barely let's me out of his sight and we he does you best believe I have trackers all over me. I'm eighteen now and still not allowed to date or even talk to a guy over the phone.  However I've wised up and figured out how to beat him at his on game. When I manage to leave home I meet with my friend's. If I have a secret date planned or something else I need to do alone I simply remove all of my jewelry and place it in my car. I then swap out cars with one of my friend's. My friend then drives my car to the destination I told Pape I was going. All the while I'm not there but out with a boy or somewhere else.

Now I don't do this every time. Sometimes I really do go out with my friend's to the place I told Pape we would be going. Naturally his men are always close by but I've covered that base as well. They aren't allowed to be too close so I can have a bit of privacy. My friend and I will go into a bathroom and exchange clothes and Don wigs matching the other's hair. When we come out I pretend to leave and jump into my friends car. The men stay back keeping eye's on my friend. So far they are none the wiser.

Today I'm on my own secret mission so I made the swap out. Lately a few girl's have went missing. One is a good friend of mine and the other is just an acquaintance. There is no trace as to there whereabouts or any clues. As for my friend I know she's not the type to just up and disappear without leaving word so I've done my research. I've discovered that many young women in and around this area are MIA. I've checked out many leads but none panned out, well except this last one that I checked into.

His name is Preston Wilsap and supposedly he owns a shipping company. Just discovering that out sounded an alarm off so I dug deeper. I've been watching him from afar. I'm aware of his country house that I'm certain is just a cover up for dirty dealings. However today I hit gold. I was parked near the outside of his shipping yard watching it all go down. I seen several young women herded onto huge cargo containers placed on a ship. I knew this fucker was responsible for my friend's. In fact I've spotted him a time or two in a bar probably scoping out fresh victim's.

There is no way I could ask my family for help in this. If my Pape found out just what I've been up to he'd never let me leave home again. I will have to take this fuck down alone. But that's not my only problem now. Something even more interesting occurred while I spied on him. A girl arrived and they seemed to be a lovely couple, even shared a sweet lunch aboard a empty boat. However something went sour that led to an argument and the girl left. From afar she seemed like any ordinary girl but as she drove by I recognized her as Chelly, Duel's ex.

This confused me as much as it shocked me. Why was she here? And with Preston? Is she in on this? Could Duel be in trouble? Because I was so stunned I didn't duck down in time and she stared back at me. I'm hoping she didn't recognize me, after all we only met once while my family vacationed in Alabama. Even then Duel kept her so busy I barely seen het.

We all know now the role Chelly played when Duel escaped prison the first time. We know that she was responsible for sending him back. That's why it's odd seeing her here. Of course she knows about the family now so why would she come here and possibly risk her life? At one time Duel even searched for her but I believe he put that on hold to handle other thing's. Could her and this Preston be plotting against Duel? After some thought I decided that I should fill Duel in on my findings. One thing is for certain though, this girl is moving up the ranks on my bad list. First she ratted out my brother now I find her with Preston and possibly aiding him in his trafficking. I do believe this girl needs to go.

A tap on my window brought me out of my thoughts. Jumping I looked up to see Preston standing at my window. "What are you doing here?" He barked.

Thankful for the sandwich I hadn't finished I picked it up and shot him a dazzling smile. "I work in the area and I'm on lunch break. I just pulled over here to eat".

" Well move along. This is private property. Don't stop here again". He ordered.

Normally I'd mouth off but my goal is to catch him and make him pay and hopefully find my friend so for now I'll play the weak, little girl. "I'm sorry sir. It won't happen again".

As I pulled away I watched him study the license plate on my friend's car. Just great, I've placed her in danger now. Maybe he bought my story though and I'm over thinking. I quickly traded back out with my friend and rushed home hoping to catch Duel alone but no sooner than I returned my Pape called for me. As I stepped into his office he glanced at his watch. "You're back about twenty minutes early?"

I shrugged. "Yea, we got bored and decided to head on home".

" that's a first". He said as he watched me intently.

Or did he? Maybe it's all in my head because I'm worried about getting busted. "You okay?" He asked.

" Yea, I'm good". I offered with a laugh then continued. "I think I ate way too many nachos and just feeling stuffed".

He gave a slight grin. "Run on upstairs baby. I just wanted to check on you when you arrived home early".

I nodded and hurried out. Guilt for lying to him really made my stomach hurt or was it everything that happened today. I stopped by Duel's first but was disappointed to find him gone. It would just have to wait but it can't wait for too long.

Did Demi cross anyone's mind as being the person in the car?

Should Demi tell the family about her findings or act alone?

Will Demi possibly go after Chelly now too?

Will Preston identify her and try to snatch her to send her off?

This is the first big introduction to Demi. I haven't discussed her much because she was growing up. Now she is eighteen and will play more roles in the books! I think you'll like her!!