Through The Bars

The next thing I recall was being snatched out of the police car and roughly escorted inside. Naturally I was unruly and tried to break free but that only got me shoved up against the wall or popped with a baton. I was taken to smaller room for processing but not once was I left unattended. At least five officer's surrounded me the entire time.

As my hand was snatched for fingerprints the copper sauntered around the corner with a huge smile. "Welcome to my home thug. It's much nicer than the one you burnt down isn't it?"

My answer was to spit at hum which earned me a snack upside the head. "Yea". I laughed. "You're all tough while I have these cuffs on aren't ya? I'm letting you know how that the first chance I get I'm killing you".

" Are you threatening an officer? " He smirked.

"I make no threats". I warned then asked. "Where is Zoe?"

" Not that she is your concern but she's being treated for the gunshot wound you inflicted upon her". He spoke smoothly.

I tried to break free once again and charge toward him but was pulled back by several officer's. Still trying to free myself I yelled. "I didn't shoot her you lying piece of shit. You did".

Without replying he shouted to the officer's. "Get him the hell out of here".

Instantly I was jerked from the room and led down a series of hall's until we came to the cell's. "We got us a full house tonight" . The guard said as he buzzed us in.

The lights were off save for a few flood light's. As we passed by a cell I glanced in and saw my uncle Cole. Fear filled my being as I realized that the copper hadn't been lying, that my family had been raided. Cole sat on the cot with his head buried between his knees. I didn't have a chance to say anything as I was being pushed along at a rapid pace. The next cell held Sire who was curled up on his for and not paying attention to what was happening out in the hall. Across from him I saw my grandfather who was pacing his tiny space. "G-pop" I mumbled and his head darted up but I was shoved along. "Keep moving. No talking".

To my dismay the next cell held Heir who was standing on his toilet trying to peek out of the window. CJ was across from him sitting on the floor with his back pressed against the wall. Finally we stopped at a empty cell. As the officer buzzed the door open I scanned the area and froze. My Pape was in the cell across from me and looking through the bar's at me. I was shoved into the cell and the door clanked behind me. As the officer stepped away my Pape swung his arm's out at him between the bar's. "Come closer pig. I got something to show you". He yelled.

The cop chuckled. "Not much you can do to me now is it? We finally took you Harper's down".

" Eat my fat dick oinker". My Pape snarled.

The cop moved on leaving us alone. I'm assuming that they put us all in different cell's because we were dangerous if together. Once I heard the main door buzz back open I leaned against the bar's and looked over at my Pape. For the first time ever I feared him... Even with bar's separating us. "The fuck you doing here?" He asked. " Aren't you suppose to be at the beach or some shit with that girl? "

This was the part I hated to admit, I hated to say. I hung my head in shame as my voice trembled as I spoke. "It's my fault. I could've prevented it".

" The fuck you talking about? " My Pape asked pressing his face between the bar's.

It took me a moment to find my voice. "Zoe's boyfriend set this up. He's that copper that always gives me hell. He slipped a pin size camera on her without her knowledge. He had footage of the den. Zoe asked me to help her retrieve it. That's why I'm here. He busted in on us".