Special Delivery

Did they not make sure that these girl's were secure? I kept hearing beating on the van wall's and muffled screams. In order to drown out the noise I blasted the radio. It wasn't long before I turned down the long drive to Scorn's country home, well basically his undercover office for his dirty operations.

As I came to a stop in front of the columns that held up an impressive entryway Scorn along with a few of his helping men emerged from the massive oak doors. As he approached the van I hopped out. We did a quick handshake and he asked. "Everything good?" Referring to the women in the back of the van.

I nodded. "Everything will be good as soon as you give me the other half of my money".

Scorn called over his shoulder to one of his men. "Bring me the briefcase".

Instantly a black briefcase was brought over. He handed to me. "It's all there but if you feel the need to check be my guest".

I sat the briefcase down on the hood of the van and clicked it open to double check. In this world you can't trust anyone and I wasn't going to be taken for a fool. As I was counting my earnings Scorn instructed his men to remove the women from the van. "Place them in the basement for now. The boat won't be ready to ship them until later this week. Send down food and water and try not to scuff any of them up, they won't sale as high if they're roughed up".

I tried to unhear what he was saying about these women. It was bad enough knowing that I was involved in such dirty deeds. It wasn't too late to back out of this. I could easily take this fuck out, free the women and still walk away with the money but at the same time it could ruin the reputation I'm trying to build. If word gets out that I'm untrustworthy to deal with other's won't want to do business with me.

While I was still busy counting my money I heard a car coming down the drive. "Shit". Scorn groaned.

" Shut the van doors fast and keep them quiet. My girl is coming down the drive. Bitch wasn't supposed to be here to later". He growled.

He then shot me a glance and laughed. "I'm sure you know what it's like to live double lives and hide who you are? Hopefully she won't end up like the last girl that found me out. My last wife discovered my little side business so I had to place her in a cargo tank and ship her off too. Got a good price for her though" . He grinned.

I didn't return his smile, in fact I found him sick. By this time he had walked off to greet his girl. Returning my attention back to my money I forgot about him and his company. It wasn't until I heard a voice that seemed to haunt me that my attention was grabbed. My palms begin to sweat but I told myself that it was just my imagination. No way would she come here knowing that this is my city. My mind was just playing tricks on me. "I found my dress today". The voice announced excitedly.

" Wonderful. I can't wait to see you in it". Scorn replied with fake enthusiasm.

"You'll just have to wait until the wedding" . The voice teased.

"Too bad I couldn't talk her into coming to her senses". Another female voice stated dryly.

Unfortunately I recognized that voice too. I had to turn around just to make sure. Slowly I turned and saw just who I expected to see. There was Jensey, Chelley's annoying friend that I should have killed. She was standing with her arm's crossed looking at Scorn with disdain. Then I saw her, well barely because Jensey was mostly blocking her from my view but it was her. Jensey slightly moved and I saw the bite shape scar that I had placed upon her collarbone. It was white and the sun gave it a shiny effect. My stomach clenched and I didn't know how I was going to react. Every form of emotion ran through me. Anger, hate, revenge, sadness, confusion. Before I knew what I was doing I was approaching the three. I walked up abruptly and didn't even know what I was going to say.  Scorn gave me an odd look at my interrupted approach. Raising a sharp brow he announced tightly. "You can go now. If I need you I'll be in touch".

A shocked gasp came from Chelley and instantly Jensey stood in front of her like a protective wall. Scorn gave her a worried look. "You okay?" He asked her.

For the first time Chelly's eye's met mine and I gave her a warning glare. Obviously she understood not to open her mouth because she stuttered. "Um, yeah, just a hiccup".

" You sure? You look pail". Scorn inquired.

"I'm, I'm okay. I just remembered that I have another appointment. Jensey get in the car". She ordered shakily.

Both girl's took off for the car. "Wait". Scorn boasted out. "No kiss goodbye?"

" Oh, um yea". Chelley spoke quickly.

She went to give him a peck but Scorn insisted on more. Pulling her closer he kissed her deeply. Something inside of me begin to burn and my fingers itched to grab my gun and end them both. Finally Chelley broke the kids and rushed off. As she was pulling away she glanced back at me with fear. I shot her my classic shits about to go down smirk and memorized her license plates number. Once her car was out of sight Scorn laughed. "I sure hope I don't have to sale that one. That bitch is a good kisser, it would be such a waste".

I visualized blood seeping from his neck as he spoke. I also recalled the first kiss I'd shared with Chelley. It was in a cleaning closet at her father's church. I went in like any normal hot blooded, horny boy all hot and heavy but she stopped me and showed me what a real kiss was. Never had anyone kissed me like that, not even Zoe, my wife.

Scorn's chatter brought me back to the present. "As for her friend I may need you soon. I don't like her and I think she could be a problem. It's obvious she isn't for me and Chelly. I may need to get her out of the picture sooner if you get what I mean".

I nodded. "Yea, I get it".

" Good. I think we will enjoy doing business together". He grinned.

I simply walked away and left. It was the best thing to do at the moment with my thoughts all scattered like they were. Once home I couldn't relish in my earned money or my solo deal for thinking about the events of the day. I closed myself up in my home office trying to come to terms with seeing Chelley and what should be my next move. Yea, I could leave her be, after all it seems that letting her marry that piece of shit would be revenge enough of I could seek her out and make her pay for turning me back over to the cop's. Giving in to temptation, I ran her licence plates. Within moment's I had her address and all other info. As I was reviewing it and trying to decide what I should do my office door opened up and in came Zoe. I quickly shut my laptop. The last thing I needed was for Zoe to see me searching up Chelley. No need to create any problems.

I looked up at Zoe as she approached my desk and was taken off guard. Zoe was wearing a one piece see through births that left little to the imagination. This is so out of character of her but I could see the look of hope in her eye's. I have to admit that she is trying to close the gap between us. Standing, I walked around the table to her. Without a word I slammed my mouth to hers and soon had her bent over my desk. To be honest I don't know what led me to ravish my wife in such a way. Was it to get my mind off of Chelley or to work with her on repairing us?

Wonder what Chelley is thinking now? Will she stay or run far away?

Do you think Scorn caught onto her behavior at seeing Duel?

Will Chelley question why Scorn (Preston) is involved with Duel?

Will Duel give in and hunt her?

Will Duel kill Jensey if Scorn asks him to?