To Crazy To Care

As Chelly spun off to go home I couldn't help but laugh. The girl acted as if the world was coming to an end because her parent's found out that she didn't attend the field trip.   Chelly  really needed to get a grip and stop living for her parent's. The girl likes to have fun and do daring things, I seen so for myself today. I sense that she wants to break free and live life her own way but is scared to do so. I can't understand why she's so concerned about what her parent's would think or do. Shit, my father terrifies me but I still do my own shit.

By eight that night I caught myself wondering how Chelly fared at home so I sent her a text.

"They chain you up or some shit".

It took a few minutes for her to reply back and I didn't like the answer. I didn't like being told no.

"It's for the best if we don't talk anymore. Don't bother to reply back".

I sat up on my bed staring at her reply. This didn't sit well with me at all. She can't tell me what to do, no one can. Instead of replying back I hit the call button. She never said not to call. "Yes". She answered in a strained voice.

"The fuck you mean we shouldn't talk anymore. That's your fucking dad telling you to say that shit. You want to talk to me. Hell, you was having fun today". I growled.

" no it's not my dad telling me to do this Duel, it's me. You're a bad influence and I can't risk anymore trouble. I'm already grounded for life for today's stunt. " Chelly snapped back.

"Who cares. You had fun today and you can't tell me that a little part of you enjoyed being sneaky, defying your parent's. For the first time you did something that you wanted to do". I accused.

" Maybe so but it wasn't worth it. Do you know how much I've been yelled at today? Do you know how disappointed my parent's was with me and how that made me feel? "

"Like a person who didn't what they wanted and to hell with the consequences" . I laughed.

"Not at all". Chelly said and it sounded like she was now crying.

" Are you seriously crying over this? " I laughed.

"Yes because I let so many people down, not just my parent's. My teachers and classmates. Everyone was so scared that something had happened to me. I caused that. I was irresponsible. Not only am I in trouble with my parent's but the school as well. This is serious and I don't expect you to understand. I mean look at you, you run around without a care or any responsibility. Why aren't you in college and trying to do something with your life?" She said still crying .

Okay, she just hit a nerve and I felt my temper begin to hear up. "First off you don't know a damn thing about me to say shit. At least I'm not miserable and living like a prisoner. I own everyone of my mistakes and I fucking enjoy making them. That's your problem, you need to grow up and and take charge of your own life. And toughen up as well, now stop that fucking crying. I don't like it".

After I said all of this it was like a dam broke. It was if I unleashed a mad dog... Possibly a Chihuahua. A new version of Chelly hissed back through the phone. Coldness laced her word's and there seemed to be no remorse for what she said. "You're right, I don't know you but I know enough. I'm not the miserable one... You are. You told me that your family sent you here but you didn't say why. My guess is that their sick of putting up with your bill shit so that's why you are here. You're just a rich, spoiled little boy who refuses to grow up and be responsible, who's use to getting their way but deep down your scared. You're scared to be decent because you think it's a sign of weakness. You're scared because you're lonely and have no friend's. Judging at how you've slept around since you've been here you're scared to love as well. Or maybe you're scared that they won't love you back, rejection. So yes, I may be miserable because instead of partying I care about my grades and being responsible but at the end of the day at least I'm not you Duel Harper.... The one who wears a mask to hide his insecurities, loneliness and failures".