Veins Full Of Gasoline

Several weeks have passed since my surgery and the family's return. I'm back to my old self but this time possibly worse but I'll get into that later. When my grandparents returned it was a very warm welcome with many bugs and tears. G-mama is better than she's ever been. No one would have guessed that she just recently nearly lost her life. However G-pop is being extra cautious where she is concerned. He strictly gave us orders not to disturb her with business matters or any of our drama. Since their return they mostly stay to themselves holed up in their apartment or out in about enjoying their later year's in life. G-pop still keeps abreast of what's going on but for the most part he's done. His main focus is keeping G-mama happy and I can't disagree with him. They both deserve to live the remainder of their life in peace and happiness.

As for the family learning of my marriage to Zoe, well that was a awkward moment. Most just stared slack jawed except for Conner and Ela. They couldn't understand our reasoning for rushing in like we did and Ela was upset that she wasn't apart of it. Even though Ela insists we must have a proper ceremony soon I know deep down that they aren't too thrilled that she married me. I can't blame them. I'm no good and to be honest marriage isn't for me but I won't jip Zoe like that. After all she was there for me when no one else was and helped me get the Empire back up. But no one else seems to fond of our marriage either. No one really questions it but my Pape.

Just as I assumed he can't let shit go. Soon as I was able to walk without grimacing he lit me up. Of course my mom wasn't present when he sought me out. Amazingly he was able to go easy on me about my actions that brought the family down as long as I agreed to never be that stupid again. Trust me, I'd never do something like that again. No more foolish antics from me.

Yes, he reclaimed his title and honestly it didn't bother me. Right now I'm still young and not ready for that much responsibility. However I know when the time comes I'll be ready and more than qualified to lead. I brought this Empire from the depths of despair alone and that told everyone including myself that I will be one hell of a king one day.

There is one thing that my Pape rides me about and that is Zoe. Every chance he gets he corners me and tries to talk sense into me or so that's what he says. No matter how much I reassure him that Zoe is good he can't comprehend it. He thinks she can't be trusted and I'm certain he has eye's on her watching her every move. I can't seem to make him understand that Zoe is ashamed that she caused our downfall and she was truly scared that the family would place the blame on her and want her dead.

Rarely does she leave our apartment because of her guilt and she knows how the family feels about her now. She knows they put the finger at her but she doesn't blame them. She understands why they harbor ill feelings toward her. Many night's she has laid awake and cried at what she put the family through and hates how they think of her now. I do my best to comfort and ease her worries. It's just going to take time for everyone to get over this. We was all one big, happy family before and I'm sure we will be again.

Needless to say I try to avoid my Pape as much as possible so I don't have to hear him verbally attack Zoe. Sure, I still sit in on meetings and help out with the deals and such but now that I'm no longer in charge I have more free time on my hands. Sometimes I sit with my Aunt Miri but it only tortures my soul. I caused her condition and I hate myself for it. Then there's Cole neatly tucked away at the medical facility at the Den still out of touch with reality. No amount of medicine has pulled him out of that dark place this time.

Once I had the nerve to ask Miri why she wouldn't go to him? Why she wouldn't allow him to know that she was alive? I told her that they could be just the medicine the other needs. Instead of answering me she say quietly as silent tears rolled down her cheeks. I haven't been back to visit her since.

Then to top it off I see a storm brewing between CJ and Sire. I have a feeling that Alice and CJ are secretly seeing each other and possible trying to mend their relationship. Obviously Sire senses this as well and it isn't sitting well with him. This should be interesting and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't interested to see how this goes down.

Now back to me. Yes, I know I promised Zoe many thing's and being faithful was one of them but for the life of me I can't. Now that I have more time on my hands I find myself bored. In order to keep our of trouble I take myself to clubs or bars. I drink way more than I should and recently I've discovered the high of cocaine. I guess I'm filling the void of not causing a ruckus or killing for the fun of it. Everybody has to have a vice right? Well cocaine has become mine. It fuels my veins and gives me the same rush as a kill or something along those lines. It gets my motor running and helps ease my busy mind and numb my guilt.

I'll never forget the first night I tried it. It was being passed around at the club but normally I always turned it down but for some reason that night I needed something extra, something different and daring. It gave me that instant adrenaline rush that I craved. As I sat in my stupor I seen the back of a female's head across the room and something struck me as familiar. With my heart thumping I approached her and grabbed her arm turning her around. The girl looked surprised at first but once she realized who I was the usual slutty smile creased her face. Even though I was ill that this wasn't who I thought it was I returned my grin. "You got a name?" I purred.

She smiled and replied. "I do but you can call me whatever you like". She flirted.

I don't know why, probably the coke in my system but I replied. "Chelley. I will call you Chelley".

Within a hour we was at a hotel and as I banged her all I seen was Chelley looking back up at me even though this chic held no candle to her. Later she kinda freaked out that I was still calling her Chelley and went crazy on me. In the end I aimed my gun on her and told her to get the fuck out.

Two day's later after my head was clear I found myself searching Shelley on the computer but came up empty handed. I wasn't planning on hunting her down, I was just curious as to what her life might be like now. By the end of the week I was jacked back up and searching for a female that kinda resembled Chelley at a club. After finding the closest match I found myself in a hotel room again. This eventually became a monthly thing for me. Yes, I know its creepy in it's own way but cocaine and fake Chelley's is what's keeping me from being a bad boy.

Are you surprised that Dem went this easy on him?

What do you think of Duel's new habit?

What will happen if Zoe finds out that he is cheating again?

Wonder why Duel can't find Chelley on the internet?