Never Going To Get It

I could hear the mad click of Chelley's heels as she stormed from the restaurant. Yes, I'm aware that I pissed her off but I had to get her out of here and try to protect my cover. By this time the men had sobered their laughter up and now stared at me with menacing eye's. Not sure if they bought my lie I decided to test the water's. Giving off a shameless smirk I shrugged my shoulders. "Women....more trouble than what they are worth. Am I right?"

" I think we should step out back Raul or should I say Duel Harper? " Talido spoke calmly.

Holding my hands up to profess my innocence I shook my head. "I'm afraid you have it wrong. I just gave that chic a bogus name. You know how women can get clingy especially after you give them the D."

To my disappointment they wasn't buying it. "On your feet now Harper".

I shoved myself up quickly as I tried to come up with a way out of this. The biggest of the three men came up behind me pressing a gun to my back. "Don't make any sudden moves or draw any attention. We are going to walk nice and quietly out that back door". He emphasized by jabbing the gun into my ribs.

I allowed him to push me to the door. The air was stale outside and smelled of garbage from the nearby dumpster. A cat skittered from behind a box that sent the men to jumping. "Fucking hairball". Talido sneered.

" Now what to do with you? Did you think that I wouldn't question this strange and sudden meeting? Come now, don't think so little of me. I'm insulted that you would think that I'd be so stupid or careless. I've done my research on your family. I know all about you young man. You're not too bright are you? " Talido smirked.

"Get on your knees boy. This will be a message to your family not to tread on me". He smiled.

" I'm not getting on my knees for nobody ". I growled.

Talido nodded to the man behind me and instantly my legs were swooped out from under me. I was jerked by my hair from the ground and positioned on my knees. "Don't make this harder on yourself" . He warned.

I gave my classic smartass grin and spoke lazily. "I'm sorry, I'm not used to getting on my knees in the first date. I didn't take you for that type but now that I see those pink polka dots on your socks I get it. It's safe to come out now".

His fist met with my mouth drawing blood. "Get it over with". He commanded.

I felt the gun settle on the back of my head but I refused to show fear. Instead I looked him dead in the eye's and said. "You will cause a war that you can't win. They won't just kill you and your men but your wives and children will be slaughtered too. Nothing of you or your history will exist. You'll all be killed in the most vile of ways. Are you prepared to watch your wife be slit open while you are made to watch?"

" Shut him up". He growled.

I heard the gun click then fall to the ground. The man behind me now laid lifeless with half of his head missing. I laughed. "Seems it's too late for you now. You can run but it won't do you any good".

" I'm getting mighty damn tired of not being invited to your little secret plots fucker". I heard Cole's voice ring out.

Cole stepped into view and shook his head at my predicament. "I told Defucko that I wasn't no babysitter but did he listen?"

Cole paused as the other men drew their guns on him. He gave that crazy laugh and glanced at them. "Really? This is just too fucking easy".

In nearly a blur Cole filled each of his hands with a gun and ended each man there. They didn't even have time to blink. He settled his gaze on me. "You know I use to think your Pape was the dumbest man alive but you proved me wrong. You've got me in this shit now. You was under my watch so I'll catch heat from this little fucker".