Clean Hands

My mind reeled after I left the meeting with Scorn. Man this was just too much money to pass up but those damn thing's called morals kept nagging at me. Trafficking of humans had also been something we all stood against. Think of us what you will but doing deeds such as this wasn't our type of thing. We even had many women shelters and numerous charity events for such causes. There has even been a few time's we've rescued such women. Not to mention my very own mother suffered at the hands of one of these brutal men and my aunt Miri was nearly sold at one time. If I did this it would go against everything we fought to prevent.

My stomach was in knots at thinking about doing this. Not because I was scared but because it sickened me. I may have killed along with other monstrous thing's but never something of this magnitude. However the money kept flashing before my eye's with the thrill of pulling my own deal off. This was going to be a hard decision to make, one I'll probably regret either way I choose.

A few hour's later I found myself at my grandparents place seated around their table with the rest of the family for dinner. While everyone ate and chatted I was a million miles away. This was the perfect opportunity to broach the subject but damn it was so hard to form the word's. My palms sweated as I imagined their reaction and that dumb look my Pape would most certainly give me. I stared at my fork as I twirled spaghetti around it oblivious to all around me. I was suddenly brought back to earth by a garlic roll popping me in the forehead followed by laughter. "Motherfucker". I snarled at Heir.

Still grinning he spoke. "We've been talking to you but you was somewhere else. Thought I'd invite you to join us".

" I was eating you bastard". I growled.

"Have you done something you little shit?" My Pape barked.

I rolled my eye's. "So classic of you Pape to assume I've done something... And no, I haven't" .

He stared at me intently trying to determine if I was lying. "Well considering your past behavior I can never be to sure". He said with a shrug.

" I wouldn't expect any less from you". I snorted.

"The fuck you say?" He said getting annoyed.

" Nothing. Just forget it and fucking eat". I mumbled.

Conversation resumed but I stayed mute. Knowing that my Pape suspected something only made my anxiety grow. Occasionally I would glance up from my plate to see him or my G-pop staring at as if they could see right through me or perhaps I was being paranoid. Needing to get away from their unnerving glanced I stood and excused myself. "Dinner was great G-pop but I'm heading out. I'm tired". I bent and gave Zoe a peck on the cheek and made my exit.

Now not only was I nervous but now I was pissed did to my Pape. It never fails that if given the chance to call me out in front of everyone for my past screw ups he does. It's as if he gets off on humiliating me and making me feel stupid. The asshole can never let anything go and perhaps that's why I did what I did. Perhaps his goading pushed me to do this. Just once I'd like to prove him wrong and show him that I'm capable of accomplishing thing's on my own. You would think that after I freed us all and started the Empire back up alone I'd get a little recognition but no. I'm still made the butt of his jokes. I'll never understand why he detests me so.

Walking into my home office I sat behind my desk and unlocked my secret drawer. Pulling out my magic white snow, I quickly made a few line's. After a few snorts I was feeling on top of the world again. Grabbing my phone I sent Scorn a text. "I'm in".

Moments later my phone buzzed back with his reply. "Meet me here tomorrow at two am and I'll give you the rest of the info". That was all followed by an address.

Soon I led myself to bed and fell fast asleep. Yes, I may haven't had taken this offer but it was done now. Besides I had a plan. It wasn't going to be me that wrangled these women up. No, I would assemble a team of mean, preferably none of our men but from off the street. Rent a moving truck and have them fetch the women. I'd break them off a small chunk of dough and pocket the rest. Somehow having other's do the deed for me felt less guilty.

The next evening I met Scar at the location he had given me. After going through the usual security checks we sat down behind a shiny desk. However this location was in a fairly new, large home out in the country side, secluded. "I'm glad you came through for me Harper. I feel better knowing a man like you will be in charge of this. Let's get to the basics. I'll give you the first installment of your money now and you'll get the rest upon delivery of the women."  He paused and slid a large envelope toward me.

"You'll find all of the women's info in there. There address, schedule, name and a photo. I expect no fuck ups. My special lady will be on top and remember no harm is to come to her in any form. If anything happens to her you won't receive the other half of your payment".

I nodded and asked. "What is so special about this chic?"

I assumed she came from a wealthy family and perhaps he was going to ransom her out but instead a sick smile cracked his face. "When you see her you'll know. Absolutely stunning and will be my future bride. This special lady will produce my Heirs".

I cringed on the inside at his word's but grabbed the envelope along with the money and left. Within a week I had a team out together of men that I hand selected off of the street and along with strict instructions I sent them in to round these women up. I would meet up with them at a designated location, pay them and drive the truck to Scorn's country house myself. Honestly I didn't want to lay eye's on these women. The less I knew about them the less this will haunt me. In fact I didn't even open the envelope that sealed their info.