BLOWED

Tick-tock....

That tiny, faint sound can be the undoing of mankind. Never would I have thought such a unnoticed noise could render someone mad but I totally understand it now. In fact such agonizing sounds have been used since the beginning of time as torture, to break someone or drive them insane. Clearly it work's.

Looking up from my desk and my newfound enemy I bit the inside of my cheek. No way... There is no way I've only been here at the Den sitting behind this desk for a measly two hour's. As I stared at the nonmoving hands the annoying click seemed to grow louder. I can't do it anymore, I can't stay stuffed in this office anymore. I needed to be back in the field. Scooting my chair back roughly I stood and made my way out the door but no sooner than I turned the corner there was Cole or my babysitter that Pape appointed me. "Where you going?" He inquired.

" To take a piss. Why? Has Pape dearest instructed you to hold my cock as well? " I snorted.

"First you would need to actually have a cock. Hurry it up, those paper's aren't going to look over themselves" . Cole smirked enjoying taunting me.

"Yea, yea". I grumbled and made my way towards the bathroom.

No, I didn't need to piss it was just the quickest excuse I could muster up. As for the paper's I've looked them over from every angle for the past few day's. I know all I need to know and now I'm ready to act. However Pape will never allow me to do so right now... If ever. Now of course I could bail and do it anyways but then I'd have to deal with Pape. Fuck it... I'll take my chances.

Stepping back into the tiny office I made sure the door was securely shut. Once seated comfortably behind my desk I rummaged through the paper's until I found what I was looking for. There highlighted in yellow was a phone number to this man's connection. The man goes by Talido. Originally he's from Brazil but has been here for a few year's. According to my research he's a pretty big deal back in Brazil where the basis of his operations are still conducted. Once here Talido started running drug's and such in Boston. Yes we was aware but he wasn't a threat to us then. However he has now made his way into New York looking to begin business here. Little does he know that New York belongs to us, the Harper's. But only a fool would go into another city to try and conduct business without scoping out the local gang's and threats and something tells me that Talido isn't that stupid... He just doesn't care.

Obviously he assumes he can get over on the Harper's or perhaps snuff us out but what he doesn't know is that we have been there and done that well over a dozen times and guess who's still standing, who's still running the show... That's right, the Harper's. Using a untraceable line, I dialed the contact number. No, I wasn't going to arrange a meeting to kill Talido yet but just to pump him for information. See what his plans were and such. Then I might kill him. "Yea". A deep, accented voice came across the line.

" I need to speak with Talido". I said using my deep Italian accent.

Normally I speak with no hint of my family heritage unless I'm excited, angry or drunk. Right now though I needed to use it to my advantage. The man in the other end laughed. "No one just speaks to Talido. What's your name and what's your business?"

" The name is Raul Spataigo. Trust me, your boss will want to see me. I have some big contacts that will escalate his business here in the city. It would be his loss of he refused to meet with me". I said in a no nonsense manner.

"Who gave you this number?" He barked.

Glancing over the paper's on them I darted off an important name that they trusted. " Huvero Munchez. Met him while I was in Brazil and did a few jobs with him. Good fellow he is. Told me his friend could use my help back here. Simply trying to repay the favor. Now either we set this up or I move on. I'm a busy man and don't have time to go back in forth with newbies ". I said to get my point across.