The Red Phone Call

Hope you all are enjoying the story so far!!

I want to clarify a few thing's to ease any confusion or questions... By now we all know that Zoe was adopted by Conner himself. Him and Ela had separated due to him having an affair with Marcelo, Ari's mother. In a attempt to win Ela back he adopted Zoe. After having Cole Ela had trouble conceiving and he thought a baby would bring her back and in a way it did. Not long after their reconciliation Ela became pregnant with Chance. As for Zoe she was adopted through an agency and legally. Who her true parent's are remains a mystery but they are not mafia related! Hope that clears any misunderstandings up!

Okay this will be a split chapter as well! Enjoy!! Oh and thanks for the votes and comments!! You guys rock!!

London

The time has come, my end is here. Tomorrow night I at nine sharp I will meet my date but never how I expected. I always assumed I'd go out by a bullet to the head or chest, or my throat slit. I even entertained the idea of a hidden bomb under my car but never by something so small and delicate as a needle. Not that the needle will kill me but the poison inside will quickly do the job. First, I will drift off into a deep sleep and one by one my organs will shut down, never to open my eye's again.

I should be afraid but instead I find it humorous and kept help but laugh. Of all these thing's I figured would cause my demise it will be a needle, a simple prick. There will be no pain nor suffering. Basically I'll be out down the same way a vet puts a pet to sleep.

However tonight I enjoy my last supper and because this will be my last supper I'm given the opportunity to choose my food. I thought long and hard over my favorites but in the end I went with ravioli. It wasn't the taste that made me choose no, but what the simple dish meant to me and my baby doll. What started off as a joke turned into a term of endearment. Other than the ravioli, I requested that a single yellow rose grace my tray.

Since I was relocated to Alabama to await my fate I haven't had any contact with the other inmates. There is no television for me to catch any news on the other's. I am confined to my cell and the only person I see is the guard who delivers my dry meals three time's a day. But I know they keep it this way for a reason. They know I'm a very powerful and persuasive man and if given a chance to mingle with other inmates I could very well talk them into inciting a riot therefore aiding in my escape. I'm not allowed a television because they don't want me to hear any news concerning family. Basically it's a form of torture.

Constantly I worry what fate befell the other's. I worry where they are and if they have been sentenced. I worry about my baby doll  and how she's coping with all this plus dealing with Miri's death. My only hope is that she is safe along with King and Mizery. And I pray every night that she knows just how much I loved her.

My execution time came all too soon. Several guard's arrived at my cell promptly at six thirty to prepare me. I was ordered to stand and place my hands through the bar's so they could cuff me. They feared me. I was far too dangerous to just have them open the door and restrain me. They always made sure that I was secure before they entered.

"Your time is up Harper. Too bad we can't use the chair anymore. I'd love to watch you fry. Lethal injection is far too good and easy for you". One of the guard's taunted.

I smirked and showed him that I was unbothered. Amazingly I was content though. I'd lived a good life and having Laney by my side made it all that much better. I regret nothing. I walked tall and proud as they escorted to the cement room that would be my tomb. Once inside my shirt was removed and my vitals checked. I was ordered to lie across a padded table and once I did my arm's, hands, legs and feet were strapped down snuggly. Next a IV line was inserted into the bend of my arm so once the clock struck seven the poison could be administered.