Slicker Than Oil

Hey guy's! I hope everyone is well and sane during these hectic time's. Honestly I feel like I have let you all down with my slow updates.... But life is tough right now. Between caring for patients at work that need me, my husband and kid's, my home and my family I am mentally exhausted. Not to mention the ever changing rules and policies I have to keep up with. Now my kid's will be returning to school except at home... Just more to add to my plate. It's hard trying to explain to my youngest why she can't return to school as she doesn't understand fully why she can't be with her friend's and teacher's. I see the hurt and confusion in her eye's and it breaks my heart. A lot of my spare time is now spent with her trying to keep her busy and active. Then my oldest daughter will be entering her senior year and this isn't the way she imagined it would be. So many milestones yet no celebrating them. Now to put the icing on the cake my area is supposed to be hit by a hurricane around Monday or so. Can't win for losing! I'm going to try to update as much as possible between now and Sunday but may go MIA for a few day due to power outages. Now on to our story... Finally! Love you all and stay safe!

As for me, don't worry about me. I can take care of myself. In fact I just stood up and smiled at life then told it "You hit like a bitch"!! Now if I can just figure out how to cram more hour's into the day...lol!

It was now complete. We had managed to rescue everyone and bring the family somewhat back together. Cole was our biggest feat right now. His mental stability was the worse any of us has ever seen. For now we had him locked in a small room that was bare. The last thing he needed was anything that could be used to harm himself, that included blankets. I know it sounds inhumane but he sleeps on the hard floor without even a pillow but it's for his safety. It takes several of the men to hold him down and force his medicine down his throat.

Over the past week he has seemed calmer but is still a long way from being Cole again. This time he was far gone and had been far gone for too long. It will take longer to bring him back and we all worry that he will never fully come back. As for now we haven't mentioned Miri to him. We feel that if we did tell him that she was alive that he would be too confused to even understand or it could possibly flip him out more. His mind is simply too fragile right now to fully comprehend.

Still, at night he wakes many of us up with his howls and cries for Miri. Occasionally he even carries on conversations with her as if she's right in front of him. His poor soul is haunted and I pray he gets better soon.

Then further down the hall an old storm is brewing. It's hard not to see the rival between CJ and Sire. It's obvious that CJ is trying to win Alice back and it's also clear that Sire isn't too thrilled with this. Alice is a great person and strong. Naturally she would make a good match for either gentleman but it's unclear what her thoughts are on the entire situation. Yes, CJ hurt her deeply and I couldn't blame her if she turned away from him but I don't want any turmoil within the family right now. We have enough going on, more than one family can take.

There's Miri and her injuries. Cole and his mental state. Demarco and his anger with Duel. The hunt for Zoe. Coming to terms with all that we have lost and how to rebuild, not to mention dealing with the police. The last thing we need is a pissing match over a female. Normally I don't interfere in other's relationships but if the need arises I will. I simply can't have any more disasters concerning the family.

My next main concern is Duel. Yes, we know he escaped, was recaptured them escaped again. However during his latest escape he left quite a stir behind. He nearly took out an entire department and burnt the building to the ground with people locked inside. He definitely left his mark. Of course this made Demarco livid as he accused Duel of being so careless and stupid and I agree to a certain extent but I hate to admit that I'm slightly proud of him. Duel had the smarts to not only escape once but twice. He had the skill and cunning to defend himself when He was vastly outnumbered.