Right Is Right

The lunch bell rang and I'm grabbed my backup and made my way to the cafeteria. Choosing a slice of pizza, carrots and a water, I looked around for my group of friend's. I spotted them sitting outside on the lawn enjoying the warmer temperatures. Heading that way, I plopped down beside of Petra. While everyone was chatting and joking around I busied myself by dipping my pizza into a cup of ranch dressing.

I laughed as Petra ranted about Mr. Tyler the math teacher but soon my smile faded as Blaine and the other guy's joined us. They struck up a conversation about Duel and started making plans. This Saturday night they planned to seek him out or wait to see if he would show up at the quarry where we all hung out. They laughed as they talked about the thing's they were going to do to him and a uneasy feeling settled in my stomach. Yes, Duel was a complete jerk to me but could I actually stand by and see a innocent person get hurt?

I was there that night and I do know that whatever he said to Mirissa frightened her but never did I see him show a gun. Deciding to try and talk to Blaine, I pulled him off from everyone. Maybe I could persuade him from doing this. "Blaine I'm sorry but this is wrong. Marissa is lying. I was there and I know that he didn't have a gun. You and the other's shouldn't do this".

Blaine squinted his eye's at me and I could see his temper begin to flare. "Yes Chelly, I haven't forgotten that you was with him. Regardless if he pulled a gun or not he crossed the line with you. He's got a ass whooping coming".

" This is ridiculous. I was trying to be friendly. That's all. It's my fault okay. So leave him alone". I stamped.

Blaine shook his head. "What is it with you and this guy? You like him or something?"

" Of course not". I shrieked.

"Well you sure are defending him alot". Blaine accused me.

" Because this isn't right. He didn't do anything. Marissa just wants to cause problems like always. After all you should know that ".

" What do you mean by that? " Blaine asked.

"Oh please, don't act innocent. I've caught you two flirting on several occasions. Maybe you just want to fight him because of her?" I snapped .

"I've never flirted with Marssia. I think it's time I speak to your father about you riding around with that seedy guy" Blaine threatened.

Something inside of me snapped at his word's. All my life I've done nothing but obey everyone and I was sick of it. I'm basically an adult now and ready to do what I want to do for a change. In a smart time I hissed. "Do what you want Blaine because I don't care anymore. I'm sick of you and my parent's directing my every move. I think it's time we went our separate ways and don't even have my father try to talk me out of it this. It won't work this time" .

"You can't break up with me Chelly. You need to calm down and think this over".

" There's nothing to think about Blaine. I'm no longer happy with you and I'm finally going to put myself first".

"It's him isn't it? Everything was fine until he came to town". Blaine accused.

" No, it's not him. I've felt this way for awhile and finally worked the nerve up to do something about it".

With anger in his eye's, he gripped my arm tightly and growled. "I won't allow this. Whatever is going on with you I suggest you fix it".

Angry myself, I screamed. "Let go of me".

I screamed loud enough to bring attention to us. Our friend's as well as other student's looked over in our direction. "Is everything okay here?" A nearby teacher asked.