Holy Matrimony

Upon waking up this morning I knew my life was about to forever change. I was doubtful that Zoe would wake anytime soon so I was none to careful slipping from bed. We partied hard last night celebrating our soon to be union.

I was pleased to discover that the power was already on. I guess I put the fear in that cop but I'd check in on him soon just to make sure he wasn't thinking about getting me out. Having a hot shower this morning really beat the cold one's I had been taking. After I dressed I headed out and purchased a wedding set for Zoe and I. I wasn't one to linger over making a choice, a ring was a ring right?

As I quickly scanned over the selection of diamond's one instantly caught my eye. I'm no expert on shapes or cuts but this diamond reminded me of something. "I'd like to see this one". I told the sales lady.

"Wonderful choice. The lucky lady will fall in love with this one. It's very special and rare. It's five carats and oval cut. The band is rose gold and laced with two carats of chocolate diamond's" .

I looked over the ring carefully as it came to me. The shape of the diamond reminded me of the shape of Chelly's eye's. It was if this ring was made for her. As I stared into it's sparkling depths I recalled the last moment's I was with her before I left Alabama to aid Zoe. I was a changed man back then. I wanted to prove my worth to get and be good just for her. All I wanted was to get this over with so that I could get back to her. I'll never forget how she made me feel, her kiss or how she preached to me about having morals, values and manners. So yes, I always opened her doors, pulled her chair out and made sure I treated her like she was my treasure. Not because she expected this but because I wanted to. Never have I ever done that for any other female, not even Zoe.

Then I saw her face from the last time I saw her when she turned me over to the police. Nothing in the world has cut me so deep. Not even my Pape turning me out. I hated her now and wanted nothing more than to see her hurt the way she had hurt me. However I have enough on my plate so I may never seek her out to inflict my wrath upon her.

Building this Empire was no easy feat and very time consuming. I had no time to hunt the country over searching for her. I'm sure the police put her somewhere safe upon my second escape. Instead I'll forget her. I'm too busy for a chase. Maybe one day though, years away when my business is settled and I find myself bored I'll hunt her down just for fun. Yea, that's what I might do when she has moved on in life and thinks I'm no longer a threat. "Sir?" The sales girl interrupted my thoughts .

"How much is this ring?" I asked.

" Three hundred and fifty thousand sir". She replied.

Looking it over once more I handed it back to her. "I'll see that one now". I said pointing to a simple round diamond in the back.

Honestly I didn't give the ring a good look. For some reason I felt the need to escape this place. "How much?"

" Twelve thousand ". She smiled.

" Fine. I'll take it". I said in a hurry.

Once I made the purchase, I glanced back at the first ring I had looked at and thought about Chelly's eye's. Shaking the image away I rushed out and raced home. By the time I arrived back Zoe was up and freshly showered. "I have missed warm showers". She laughed.

" It won't be long until this place is running full force and the world will be at our finger tips". I declared.

"Now get ready. We have our wedding to attend" . I grinned.

"But who is going to marry us? You know if we provide our true identity that they will report us". Zoe worried.

" Chill girl. I got it all worked out. " I assured her.