Taste Of Rebellion

"Please mom. I know that it's a Thursday night but it's just for the senior girl's. We are just meeting up to eat and make a few more memories" . I presisted.

It's always been a rule that I can't go out during the week unless it's a church or school function but the girl's wanted to hang out exclusively tonight and for the past hour I had been arguing my case. "Absolutely not Chelly. You have young women's bible study group tonight".

" can't I miss it just this once". I begged.

"Enough Chelly". My father's voice boomed from behind me.

" Stop bothering your mother. The answer is no".

Knowing better than to continue my argument I huffed off to my room. Giving my door a good slam, I threw myself down on my bed. This just wasn't fair. I always did as they asked if me. I've never given them any problems or did anything to make me untrustworthy so I just couldn't understand why they couldn't slacken up just this once. Never have I missed anything church related unless I was sick. Just once wouldn't make me a fallen woman.

With tears of frustration in my eye's i sent my friend Petra a text explaining why I wouldn't be there tonight. Still in a sour mood I got up and started to gather the thing's I would need for bible study. Passing through the kitchen I swiped my mom's can key's off of the counter. "I'm gone". I stated in a gruff voice.

Mom eyed me sharply. "I mean it Chelly. You better show up to the study".

" Yea, yea". I said shrugging then slipping out of the door.

Once I hit the road I pressed my foot down firmly on the gas but to my disappointment the old van still didn't lurch forward. Instead I felt it vibrate before making a hissing sound. Letting my foot off of the pedal, the van resumed it's normal slow speed chug. Just my luck, I couldn't even speed because even the van was against me. I knew what I needed, I needed a bag of my favorite chips along with a candy bar and a soda. Turning into the next small store that I passed, I hurriedly parked and rushed in. As I scanned the snack isle I thought about how good it would feel to just rebel this once, to ditch bible study and meet my friend's. Staring absently at the row of chips I weighed the pros and cons. If I didn't show I'm sure the instructor would report back to my parent's and there's no telling how they would react. On the other hand if I did meet my friend's not only would I have these memories but it would be the first time that I actually made my own decision and did something that I wanted to do. As I paid for my snacks I decided getting in trouble just wasn't worth it.

With my head down I walked back out to the van. "What's got you?" . I heard that familiar accented voice.

Whipping my head up I saw Duel Harper leaned against my van. "Nothing. Just thinking" .

"About what?"

" just school matters". I lied.

I didn't want to sound like a whiny kindergartener. "Why don't you come with me? I can get your mind off of it". He grinned.

" No thanks. I have somewhere to be". Which wasn't a lie.

However the wheels in my head begin to churn. I wanted so bad to do something daring, different. Something that I'd never done before. I wanted to be a teen just this once. Without really thinking it through I heard myself say. "Ok. But we will need to stay away from town. I'm suppose to be at bible study so I can't be seen out and about. Plus I don't want to risk running into my boyfriend" .

Duel grinned and said. "Let's go".

Hesitantly I walked over to his car and stood by the passenger door waiting for him to open it for me. Duel begin to walk to the driver's side and eyed me curiously. "What? You don't know how to open a door?"