Full Throttle

Okay guy's, let's take a short break from all the drama, anxiety and sadness! This is going to be a fun chapter with hopefully some laughs! But rest assured the hunt will be back on soon! So for now relax your nerves... You're gonna need them soon!

Looking up at the classic college dorm building I suddenly felt overwhelmed. Glancing back down at the rumpled paper in my hand, I repeated my room number in my head. Inhaling deeply then exhaling slowly I sat foot into the building and was immediately engulfed by the chaotic atmosphere. People were milling about everywhere and it was overly loud. Some girl's scooted around alone with ear buds jammed in their ears. Other's walked in groups laughing and chatting about their summer while some walked along awkwardly with their parent's. Then there was several toting furniture and boxes in a effort to settle in. If you wasn't careful your head could be taken out by a chair leg or squished by an oversized box. This place could use a traffic light.

And here I was standing alone with my phone in one hand and a rumpled paper in the other. A duffle bag was slung over my shoulder as I decided to wait to bring the few boxes in that I had. Trying to peek over everyone's head to read the hallway signs, I finally spotted the direction I needed to go. After several bump ins and a few wrong turns I finally made it to my room. The door was closed and I didn't know what would be the most cordial protocol. Do I knock or just barge on in unannounced. Maybe there was no one on the other side so I decided to do the next best thing... Use my key to let me in.

Stuffing my hand into the pocket of my jeans I fished out my key and placed it into the keyhole. Just as I begin to twist the key the door flung open and I jumped back startled. A girl pounced into the doorway holding her hands up as if she was a ninja or a karate master. I stared at her bugged eyed wondering just what in the hell just happened. Finally she saw me and slowly lowered her hands and grinned. "You my roommate?"

"Ummm... I... No clue. Is this dorm one-ninety-E"? I asked as I silently prayed that it wasn't and that this character wasn't my room mate.

" That it be". She said with a grin and opened the door wider stepping out of the entrance. Bending slightly at the waist she gestured with her arm for me to enter. "Welcome to our love shack. I got the left side of the room so you can take the right".

Cautiously I entered and slowly maneuvered my way over to the right side, my side as she claimed. However my eye's were riveted to the left side of her space. I was memorized by her decor and clutter. Not that her side was dirty but she made sure that she occupied every square inch of her alotted area which wasn't much. The wall's were covered with indie rock poster's, psychedelic wall tapestries, and it looked as if a rainbow had thrown up everywhere, everything was tie-dyed and bright. A lava lamp sat amidst the chaos on her night stand and a strong incense filled the tiny room. Even a bright green faux fur rug laid by her bed. Being caught staring she plopped down on her bed and curled her legs underneath her. "Don't mind me and my maze over here".

" Oh, I didn't mean to stare. I was just checking out your eye for detail". So I smudged alittle.

I turned my attention to my lone duffel bag and decided to unpack. My clothes still remained neat and folded and I smiled as I tucked them into my chest of drawers. "That all you got?" I heard her ask and for a second it sounded like I was getting robbed.

" Umm, no. I have a few boxes in my car I need to get". I said turning around spotting a  heap of mangled clothes lying at the foot of her bed amongst book's, stuffed animals and oh my God, was that a plate of some kind of food.

"I'm Jensey by the way".

I offered a smile and simply said. "Chelly".

" sorry about the way I answered the door. Story goes that for the first few week's the upper classmen pull pranks on us newbies. As you can see, I'm well prepared". She chattered on.