Nothing Is Easy

Hello love's! Here we go! Pictured above is Zoe but feel free to picture her how you like! Thanks for all of the comments!! I really love seeing some of you discuss the book together!! There has been a few questions concerning something's so I'm going to answer but it's no problem.. There is a lot of Harper book's and characters so it's easy to forget or get mixed up... Even I do! So here is some of the most questions I'm seeing...

1. Zoe is the adopted daughter of Conner and Ela Butinio. This makes her Cole's sister as well as Chance's whom I've not discussed much. Conner adopted her alone in a attempt to lure Ela back. No one knows who her parent's are or if their even mafia related.

2. Conner and London are on good terms. For a refresher on this checkout the first few chapters of Double Down. This is the book where London and Laney "die". The night of Kings birthday party Conner showed up and the friendship was rekindled. When Conner found out of the King and Queens murder he came out of retirement and vowed to help seek revenge.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion and if you have any more questions ask away! Now let's begin!!!

" Take me home". Chelly gritted out.

Blowing my breath out I rolled my head around on my neck trying to relieve some tension. "Chelly be reasonable. It's not like I invited her".

" Well you sure didn't look disappointed to see her". She spat at me.

"I was just surprised. That's all. Now let's have our swim". I tried to switch the topic to avoid further argument.

" Ha! We aren't going swimming now. This, this girl just skipped up to you and even kissed your cheek. Not once did you try to pull away". She accused.

"Okay. Fine. I didn't pull away like I should have but fucking forgive me for being taken by surprise" . My voice begin to get loud out of frustration.

"Now we can either do this shit right now or enjoy the rest of our night". I continued.

" Huh, there's no way I'm going to enjoy the rest of this night. Not knowing that she is staying under the same roof as you". Chelly got loud right back.

Shaking my head I replied in a tight voice. "What don't you get? I couldn't get rid of Zoe if I tried. She and her family are very close and good friends of ours. She basically fucking family. She will always be around and I can't avoid that or stop it. Fuck, there's so much you don't understand" .

"Then help me to understand" . Chelly nearly screamed.

I looked around hoping that we hadn't brought any attention to ourselves. "It's complicated. Our family's are basically in business together".

"And so I just have to accept it? Chelly huffed. "Please, take me home."

" You know what, fine". I agreed.

On the ride back to her house Chelly begin to tear up. "I'm sorry Duel but if you could have seen it through my eye's then you'd understand where I'm coming from. Your face lit up when you saw her. Your eye's sparkled and not the way they do when you look at me. It hurts because something I've been denying since I met you became obviously clear tonight but I can't be mad at you, you warned me. You told me of your feelings for her. I guess I just hoped I could change that.... But I can't. I kept telling myself that I could love you so much, so hard that you would forget her but I couldn't. I couldn't because she has your heart".

I pulled over and placed my thumb under her chin and turned her face up to me. "Don't say such thing's. I love you Chelly".

Chelly shook her sad little head. "I don't doubt that you love me Duel... But you don't love me like you love her and right now I feel like second best." .