Fifty Two

Saturday

March 14th, 2015

-

| Luke |

"Why are you doing this?" Ashton whispers as we walk across the street.

"Because her mum would kill me." I say.

"But her mum likes you now." Michael says.

"I just... It's confusing, just let me do this." I demand and they shrug.

"Do we really need to help you?" Calum asks and I nod. He sighs and the three of them walk over to the front door. Once they knock and Dylan's mum answers I find my way into the back yard. I open the sliding back door and sneak up the staircase in the kitchen.

I shake my head about the boys lame conversation about Sex in the City and find my way to Dylan's door. Without knocking I slip in and realize Dylan isn't in there. Good.

I watch out the window as the boys leave the door and walk back across the street.

"Dyl?" I hear her mums voice yell.

"Yeah?" Dylan's voice asks and I realize she must be somewhere else in the house.

"Those boys are so funny. They came over here to talk about Sex in the City." She tells her.

"That's great mum." Dylan says uninterestedly. "I'm probably going to stay in my room all night so if you need me-" Dylan stops and laughs. "Shut up." I hear her footsteps coming closer and I find the closet slipping inside it. I find a bra and just decide to pull it on shaking my head. I'm such a weirdo but when she finds me she'll laugh right?

I hear her come into the room and she walks around outside before turning some music on. One Direction, of course. She sings along and I chuckle at her singing the lower notes. Her footsteps come closer and I bite my lip nervously. This is it.

The handle turns and the door opens revealing Dylan wrapped in a towel. She stops singing and her eyes trail up to my own. "Luke?" She asks in a strained voice. Linus runs up sniffing at my feet.

"Hi." I say nervously. Her eyebrows furrow.

"Hi?" She asks me. "Hi!?" She yells and I cover her mouth. Linus barks and I shush him and he backs off when I do.

"I don't want your mum to know I'm here." I say and she pulls my hand away. She walks toward the door making the dog leave and I walk a little closer to her and she turns around giving me a pointed look.

"How the hell did you even get in here? Through my fucking chimney?" She asks and I laugh but when she punches my shoulder I stop and clear my throat. "So what? You think that I'm just going to let all this slide?" She asks.

"I got in through the back door while the guys distracted your mum." I tell her. "I needed to talk to you about everything."

"Then talk." She says. "First, why are you wearing my bra?"

"I thought it would lighten the mood." I say taking it off and handing it to her. "I need you to tell me what I said to you in that bar."

"Oh, you said horrible things to me before you assaulted that bartender." She says and I close my eyes. "Let me quote you exactly... 'You aren't perfect, you are so selfish, and you are such a fucking bitch. I was so afraid to let you in and I never should have! Whenever you let a person into your heart they'll just smash it! That is exactly what you did to me! I hate you Dylan Victoria Peters!'" She says and my eyes open to see tears in her eyes. "The more I think about what you said though, the more I realize that it bothers me."