Forty Eight

Not sure if you guys are exactly ready for this storm but uhm... It's here. So uhhhhhh sorry in advance :')

------

Friday

February 27th, 2015

-

| Dylan |

"Everything is ready?" I ask and my mother nods.

"Yeah. We're just waiting for... What's his name?" She asks.

"Luke. His name is Luke. Luke, Luke, Luke.. You know how many times should I say it? Shall I just make him a name tag?" I ask her.

"No, that won't help." She says and I sigh. The doorbell rings and I walk over opening it and smiling.

"Hi." Luke says and I let him inside.

"Hey." I say shutting the door.

"Oh sweetheart don't act like my daughter hasn't snuck you in here before." My mum says and I look at her with a twitch in my eye.

"Well I wasn't snuck in." Luke chuckles.

My mum hums, "Okay. Now let's eat." She says walking off to the kitchen and I sigh clenching my jaw.

"Relax and let me work my charm hun." Luke says rubbing my shoulder. I shrug his hand off and walk hastily toward the kitchen.

"Just keep your touchiness to a minimum." I mutter.

"I'm not touchy." Luke protests.

"Huh, want to bet?" I ask him and we reach the kitchen table. Wow, seems like both of us our on edge. I know I am because 1. I hate my mother and 2. I'm on my period. Whatever it is Luke is on edge about I don't know...

Luke and I sit opposite of each other and my mother sits at the head of the table between us. "Well I've brought out one of our cheapest wines." My mother says.

"Mum, I told you Luke doesn't drink." I say.

"What other lies does he probably tell you? Did he tell you he was a virgin too just so he could get in your pants?" She asks.

"Mother!" I exclaim.

"Should I just leave?" Luke asks awkwardly.

"No." I snap as he stands up and he plops back down into his chair.

"He probably lied when he said he doesn't drink. He just wants you to think he doesn't but really he does. And when he does he goes home with other women." My mother says. "Men are really all the same."

"Dad wasn't like that." I say.

"No, he was a good man. Men my age are good men. As for men his age?" She gestures to Luke and then let's out a posh laugh.

"I'll have that drink." Luke says and my eyes widen as I look over at him.

"No you won't." I say.

"I won't?" He asks.

"No," I say grabbing the wine bottle. "No one is going to have a drink. No one." I say walking the bottle to the sink and opening it to pour it down the drain.

"Oh sweetie don't waste the wine." My mother says.

"I told you he doesn't fucking drink why the hell did you have to taunt him? What the hell is your goal? To break him!? Luke is a strong guy Mum, he isn't that easily broken!" I yell at her.