Forty Six

Tuesday

February 24th, 2015

-

| Dylan |

I walk into the music store and look around noticing a few people shopping and then I spot styled blonde hair poking up over one of the aisles. I giggle and walk to the opposite side of that aisle and watch the hair move down the aisle following it.

Luke come around the corner of the aisle and I pop out from my side.

"Boo." I say and he jumps slightly.

"Jesus Christ, Dylan." He says covering his chest. I chuckle and jab his stomach softly.

"You look cute in this little uniform." I say tugging at the bottom of the polo shirt that has the name of the store stitched over the left side of the chest.

"Yeah, yeah." He says pushing my hands away and walking over toward the counter going behind it. "What's up?"

"Uh, I have work in like an hour." I tell him. "But I wanted to visit you, and I brought you food."

"Ooh, what did you bring me?" He asks. I smile and pull out a brown bag handing it to him.

"Just a sandwich and some chips. I also put a soda in there for you." I say and he smiles leaning over the counter pressing a kiss to my lips.

"Thank you sweetheart." He puts the bag under the counter and looks back up at me. "Where are you working again?"

"Pet store." I chuckle. "Linus is going to have a fit when I get home."

"Mm, when do you get off?" He asks me.

"Around closing time. You?" I ask.

"About... 3 hours." He says.

"I feel like we're in an adult relationship now." I say scrunching my nose. "Like, we're past the whole honeymoon bullshit stage and we're onto like... That stage where everything gets serious."

"Does that bother you?" Luke laughs nervously.

"No. It's just weird." I shrug lacing our fingers together. I notice someone out of the corner of my eye start to come up to the counter. "I'll leave you to your work now. See you later." I tell Luke and he quickly leans across the counter catching my lips before letting me go. I leave the music store and sigh.

I already miss him.

Alright Dylan, work on your detachment disorder.

God, I'm so pathetic sometimes.

I walk through the mall bored out of my mind until it's time for me to go to work.

~

"Linus, baby I'm home." I yell out and hear my puppy yelp before running down the stairs and jumping at my legs. "Hi sweetie!"

"Ugh, that puppy is a handful." My mother says and I chuckle.

"Well he's a puppy." I say.

"How was work?" She asks. "Are you hungry?"

"No I ate, thank you." I say kicking off my shoes and walking over to the couch laying down. "Work was fun, you know I love animals."

"But doesn't it smell?" She asks.

"Yes but the animals cuteness always makes up for how smelly they are." I laugh kissing my puppy between the ears and petting him.

"Alright." She laughs sitting down and turning the tv on. "Why did you go in early again?"

"Because Luke works at the music store and I made him lunch." I remind her.

"Oh, right." She says in that tone I like to now call the 'ugh, Luke' tone.

"I think you just need to meet him, like we need to have him over for dinner." I tell her.

"I will not have that boy in my house." She says flipping the channel and I roll my eyes.

"Why can't you just give him a chance?" I ask her.

"Because he'll blow it dear." She says.

"How do you know that?" I ask angrily.

"Don't get short with me." She points.

"Don't assume things Mum." I say. "Can he come over for dinner on Friday?"

"Ugh, whatever. But when he blows it, don't be surprised that your mother is always right."

Yeah, bullshit.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

So, I've been sick all week. I got the flu :'((

I haven't been up to doing anything but I'll start updating again. Still not sure about when I'll finish this but... Drama is coming soon, clearly.

Goodnight Vietnam!

~Dani.xx