One

Monday

January 5th, 2015

~

| Dylan |

"I'm glad it's summer!" (A/N: it's Australia!) I sigh to my best friend Bridget.

"I'm glad we're done with school." She says and I nod in agreement. I hear a beeping sound and look outside. "Oooh, what's going on over there?"

"New neighbors." I say watching out the window. "Probably a boring couple." I shrug and just as I'm about to shut the curtain I see a person step out of the car.

Holy hell.

"Damn!" I yell and Bridget pushes next to me to look outside.

"Of course you'd be attracted to him." She says the eye roll evident in her voice. The guy looks into his mirror fixing his perfect hair and turning his perfect head from side to side.

Flawless.

"Oh don't do that baby, you're already perfect." I trace his figure with my finger and Bridget scoffs slapping my arm.

"You're so weird." She says.

"Sorry what? I can't hear what you're saying because it's complete bullshit." I say.

"Sorry what, but I didn't not just hear a potty word leave your mouth." My mother says coming into the room.

"Correction, bull crap."

"We have a new neighbor." My mother comments ignoring my stupid remark.

"I see this." I say. "He's hot."

"And obviously older than you if he's living on his own." She notes.

Well, here we go.

"I don't want you to get involved with that."

"I won't." I say innocently. But little did she know I was lying. My mother trusted me a lot more than she should. I find it humorous actually.

"Alright. I'm not saying you can't acknowledge his existence, I just don't want him to be an infatuation of any sort."

Infatuation...

"Alright, he won't." I roll my eyes. She nods and walks out of my room.

"By the way, I actually was going to ask you if you could run across the street and greet him. Can I trust you to do that?"

"Yes!" I exclaim overexcitedly and she shakes her head.

"I'll stay here." Bridget says. I roll my eyes and I pad down the stairs slipping on my TOMS and practically skip across the street.

"Hi." I say to the guy and he turns around to face me. I notice his black lip ring and his blank unchanging expression.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"My name's Dylan. I live next door here." I say pointing at the house behind me with my thumb.

"Okay." He says.

"What's your name?" I ask him. He doesn't respond but he instead rolls his eyes.

"That's for me to know and you to never find out." He says.

"I bet it's Steve. Or is it Bill!?" I ask him and he rolls his eyes.

"You're annoying." He says.

"That's my strategy to get your name out of you." I say.

"Luke." He says. "My name is Luke. "

"I like that name." I tell him and he nods. "It's a cool name. What do you think of my name?"

"Isn't it kind of boyish?" He asks me.

"I don't care, I like it. I'm a little tomboyish anyway." I shrug and he looks me up and down before leaning down into the back seat of his car to grab a suitcase.

"You don't look it." He says and I shrug.

"You don't know me." He chuckles.

"Toché." He shuts the door. "It was interesting meeting you, Dylan."

"Likewise, Luke. I'll see you around." I say backing away and he shakes his head.

"Sure you will." I turn around and walk back to my house as he walks to his new one. This should be interesting enough.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Well there's the first chapter. The length of each chapter will be progressively longer each time but we should start buckling in for an interesting ride.

Until then thanks for reading!

~Dani.xx